2193 Online
108874 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

OV8.7: Special characters not allow in credentials

Biite
Frequent Advisor

OV8.7: Special characters not allow in credentials

Hi all,

I'm trying to add a repository on OV 8.7 with authentication. The authentication fields do NOT accept special characters (both username and password fields).
Were still running some older OV versions (6.6.05, old I know), which DO accept special characters.

I currently cannot add the repository because of this issue as I'm using a domain based account (which needs <domain>\<account> in the username field.

Am I missing something?

Regards,
Martien
2 REPLIES 2
WayneF11
Occasional Visitor

Re: OV8.7: Special characters not allow in credentials

To allow special characters in credentials for adding a repository in OV 8.7, ensure that the authentication fields are configured to accept them. If the issue persists, consider checking for any specific settings or updates related to authentication in OV 8.7.

Biite
Frequent Advisor

Re: OV8.7: Special characters not allow in credentials

@WayneF11 wrote:

To allow special characters in credentials for adding a repository in OV 8.7, ensure that the authentication fields are configured to accept them. If the issue persists, consider checking for any specific settings or updates related to authentication in OV 8.7.

Hi Wayne,

Not sure what you mean, but I cannot configured the authentication fields in OneView 8.7 as I am not the developer :).
Is there any setting which I need to set to allow those fields to accept special characters.

Regards,
Martien