1752565 Members
5548 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Remote Support - Data Collection: Http Server Protocol Error

MarioE
Valued Contributor

Remote Support - Data Collection: Http Server Protocol Error

I have a Synergy with HPE OneView Firmware 5.00.02-0418011.
22x Synergy 480 Gen10 Blades with ESXi (Image 670.U3.10.4.5.19) run in the Synergy.
Now when I do a data collection (in the iLO or in HPE OneView - Collect Remote Support Data - Type of data: Basic), I get the following error in OneView:

DataCollection1.jpg

In the iLO:

DataCollection2.jpg

However, when I generate a test event or Active Health System Reporting, I do not receive any errors:

DataCollection3.jpg

When I stop the Agentless Management Service for ESXi 6.7 (amsd version 670.11.4.5-18.7535516) on the ESXi hosts, the data collection works without errors.

I have this behavior on all the blades. I noticed it because in the settings of the Remote Support in HPE OneView the "Default Data Collection Schedule" for Basic data collection is made every month:

DataCollection4.jpg

Does anyone know this problem?

9 REPLIES 9
ChrisLynch
HPE Pro

I would recommend you open a support case to get to the bottom of this condition.

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

MarioE
Valued Contributor

Hi Chris

I've had a case open for two weeks. There have been several sessions. I have sent several logs, printscreens, video,... to HPE. It's the same as always. HPE doesn't believe that the problem really exists, because they can't seem to reproduce it at LAB.

I wanted to know from the community if this problem is known.

ChrisLynch
HPE Pro

Can you private message me your case ID's?  Do not post them here.

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

MarioE
Valued Contributor

HPE has confirmed that there is a problem:

"Short update. We were able to successfully reproduce the issue in our labs. Previously we had the server with a 3820c CNA adapter installed rather than a 6820c like in your environment, upon exchanging the adapter and further matching your environment we were able to get the same results which means that the issue is directly related to the NIC/AMS, rather than the iLO or OneView communication. We are proceeding with using debug firmware to deep dive into the issue and its root cause and will provide a new update as soon as we have one."

Sudhir_Sinha
Occasional Visitor

Upgrade iLO firmware to 2.14  and verify if you see the same error.

MarioE
Valued Contributor

Statement from HPE Support:

"They have identified the issue as an iLO issue that will be fixed in iLO5 firmware version 2.30."

I have updated all hosts with "Service Pack for Synergy, SY-2020.07.02". In this SPP is iLO Version 2.18 Jun 22 2020.

The same Error with iLO 2.18.

When is iLO version 2.30 coming to an SPP for Synergy?

PatrickLong
Trusted Contributor

@MarioE you will want to take a look at this thread regarding Synergy and applying iLo releases that are issued in the interim between full Synergy SPP releases.  The last information I have is that "It is never supported to download components outside the HPE Synergy Custom SPP (except for elevations from our engineering response team to serious issues)."

An exception was made to this policy to decouple BIOS updates only from strict adherence to SPP versions in order to prorvide for "faster access to key updates." and this was communicated in:

The thread indicates that there was an internal discussion about decoupling iLo firmware as well, but I have not been able to get any information on whether that movement ever got any traction - there certainly has not been any similar Customer Advisory announcing it.

As you identified, Service Pack for Synergy, Sy-2020.07.02 includes HPE iLO 5 v2.18 Jun 22 2020 - which is five Critical/Recommended/Optional releases behind the lastest v2.33 Dec 18 2020 at this point.  No idea how long until the next SPP for Synergy is released, hopefully soon.

ChrisLynch
HPE Pro

@PatrickLong is correct in the policy statement he provided.

The next Synergy Baseline is being planned for release later this month.  I am unable to provide a more definitive date at this time, as its eventual availability is directly impacted upon testing and certification results.

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

PatrickLong
Trusted Contributor

@MarioEI wanted to post to point out that just a short while ago today, the HPE Synergy Software Releases - Overview page was updated to reflect that new Synergy_Custom_SPP_2021.01.01_Z7550-97049.iso is now available, and is in fact the *Recommended version for Composer 5.40 and newer only. It appears to provide the iLo5 update you need: iLo5  2.31 (which is still not the latest iLo5, firmware but it is the latest supported release on Synergy, see previous posts) The previous 2020.07.02 Synergy Custom SPP contained iLo5 v 2.18.

Please see the HPE Synergy Firmware Comparison Tool to view which other updated components are contained in this release, there are many.