cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Remote Support - Data Collection: Http Server Protocol Error

Highlighted
Frequent Advisor

Remote Support - Data Collection: Http Server Protocol Error

I have a Synergy with HPE OneView Firmware 5.00.02-0418011.
22x Synergy 480 Gen10 Blades with ESXi (Image 670.U3.10.4.5.19) run in the Synergy.
Now when I do a data collection (in the iLO or in HPE OneView - Collect Remote Support Data - Type of data: Basic), I get the following error in OneView:

DataCollection1.jpg

In the iLO:

DataCollection2.jpg

However, when I generate a test event or Active Health System Reporting, I do not receive any errors:

DataCollection3.jpg

When I stop the Agentless Management Service for ESXi 6.7 (amsd version 670.11.4.5-18.7535516) on the ESXi hosts, the data collection works without errors.

I have this behavior on all the blades. I noticed it because in the settings of the Remote Support in HPE OneView the "Default Data Collection Schedule" for Basic data collection is made every month:

DataCollection4.jpg

Does anyone know this problem?

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
HPE Pro

I would recommend you open a support case to get to the bottom of this condition.

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

Frequent Advisor

Hi Chris

I've had a case open for two weeks. There have been several sessions. I have sent several logs, printscreens, video,... to HPE. It's the same as always. HPE doesn't believe that the problem really exists, because they can't seem to reproduce it at LAB.

I wanted to know from the community if this problem is known.

Highlighted
HPE Pro

Can you private message me your case ID's?  Do not post them here.

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

Highlighted
Frequent Advisor

HPE has confirmed that there is a problem:

"Short update. We were able to successfully reproduce the issue in our labs. Previously we had the server with a 3820c CNA adapter installed rather than a 6820c like in your environment, upon exchanging the adapter and further matching your environment we were able to get the same results which means that the issue is directly related to the NIC/AMS, rather than the iLO or OneView communication. We are proceeding with using debug firmware to deep dive into the issue and its root cause and will provide a new update as soon as we have one."