5517 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

SCOM HPE OneView DB Login failed ...

WOPS
Occasional Contributor

SCOM HPE OneView DB Login failed ...

Hi all

On the sql server for SCOM DB, I have multiple following errors every minute from HPE SCOM "run as profile account":

04/08/2020 10:50:15,Logon,Unknown,Login failed for user 'Domain\UserHPOneView'. Reason: Could not find a login matching the name provided. [CLIENT: XXX.XXX.]
04/08/2020 10:50:15,Logon,Unknown,Error: 18456

Environment:

SCOM 2019 UR1
SQL Server 13.0.5492
OneView appliance  5.00.01-0410269

What permission on the DB is needed, I don't see any information on the HPE OneView Virtual Connecto for System Center.

Best regards,

Francesco

5 REPLIES 5
Anurag_Soni
HPE Pro

Re: SCOM HPE OneView DB Login failed ...

From your question, it seems that "RunAs Profile" configured for HPE OneView discovery and monitoring do not have sufficient privilage to run the workflows. Please either use appropriate user or the default SCOM service account to run the workflows. You can try to delete the user from "RunAs Profile" configured for HPE OneView discovery/monitoring. It will then use the default service account.

Please confirm if the issue is resolved, Else raise a support case with HPE.

I work for HPE

Accept or Kudo

AmRa
HPE Pro

Please check the security settings to confirm whether SQL server is set up to allow both Windows and SQL Authentication.

Also please check User Permissions.

I am an HPE Employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo
erki72
Frequent Advisor

Hi @Anurag_Soni @WOPS @AmRa 

It's been a while and I'm still wondering if you've made any progress on this topic.

Unfortunately I have exactly the same problem.
What I'm still interested in, why does the Run AS account have to have permissions to the DB on the SQL server?

Is there any technical documentation on which SCOM DB the user must have exactly which authorizations?

Sunitha_Mod

Hello @erki72,

Thank you for reaching out to us!  Since you have posted in an old topic and there is no response yet, I would recommend you to create a new topic using the create "New Discussion" button, so the experts can check and help you further. 

Thanks,
Sunitha G
I'm an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
erki72
Frequent Advisor

Hi @Sunitha_Mod 

Thank you for your message.
Then I will create a new post. Didn't want to open a new topic for the exact same problem...

That's why I tried it here