New Discussion

Trying to retrieve connections

SOLVED
Go to solution
BradV
Esteemed Contributor

Trying to retrieve connections

I'm running:

curl --insecure --silent --header "X-API-Version: ${currentVersion}" --header "auth: ${sessionID}" --request GET ${OneView}/rest/connections

and I'm getting back:

{
  "errorSource": null,
  "data": {},
  "details": "The requested resource could not be found.",
  "message": "Not Found",
  "messageParameters": [],
  "nestedErrors": [],
  "errorCode": "GENERIC_HTTP_404",
  "recommendedActions": [
    "Check the request URI, then resend the request."
  ]
}

Not sure what I have wrong.  The rest/connections shows just that.  My servers are all DL380s and DL560s (gen 10).  Is it possible this API does not apply to those servers?

4 REPLIES 4
ChrisLynch
HPE Pro
Solution

Re: Trying to retrieve connections

/rest/connections is not supported with anything other than Synergy with HPE OneVIew 7.0 or newer, or 6.60 or older with c-Class and Synergy. Connections are object managed by the appliance that map the associated network/network set to managed server profile connections.  Even though we introduced connection management for Gen10 and newer rack servers, they are unmanaged connections.  So this API endpoint will not work on the VMA.

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

Julie032
Occasional Contributor

ok for creating it. Looking forward for solution.

ChrisLynch
HPE Pro

I'm not sure what you mean. The API endpoint maps to managed server profile connections. You don't create connections using that API, only using the server profile API.

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

BradV
Esteemed Contributor

thanks Chris.  Had some slow time at work.  So, was exploring other REST API calls to see if we could gain any benefit.  Will drop this one.