New Discussion

Re: HPE Primera 600 32Gb 4p FC HBA

SOLVED
Go to solution
CRD
Frequent Advisor

HPE Primera 600 32Gb 4p FC HBA

Good day

Does anybody know if it will work if you connect a fibre lead from one of the ports on the HPE Primera 600 32Gb 4p FC HBA and then connect that to a 4 GB Brocade SAN switch? 

I might need to do this for a migration that need to happen but I was just wondering if this will even work, will the port on the Primera be able to do 4 Gb seeing that its a 32 Gb port and usually FC ports can only auto negotiate n - 2.

Any feedback or comments will be appreciated.

5 REPLIES 5
sbhat09
HPE Pro

Hello @CRD,

I couldn't understand the issue clearly. It will be great if you please provide more details. And also please check in SSMC >> Priority optimization if the available customization options are helpful for you.

Regards,
Srinivas Bhat

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!
Note: All of my comments are my own and are not any official representation of HPE.

I am an HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo

CRD
Frequent Advisor
Solution

Hi Srinivas

Good talking to you again.

You guied me in the correct direction of where to find the answer thank you. At first I did actually try to check this on the embedded Primera UI but there the only option for the port speed is Auto but on SSMC I found my answer.

I wanted to know if 4Gb is possible on a Primera host port but as per this screenshot I can see it is not. I just wanted to temporarily connect a host port from a Primera to a 4 Gb SAN switch and was wondering if the Primer HBA port will be able to accomodate the 4 Gb speed but I see it can not. 

All the bestHost port speed options.PNG

sbhat09
HPE Pro

Hello @CRD,

That's great to know that the issue is resolved. It was nice interacting with you.

Regards,
Srinivas Bhat

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!
Note: All of my comments are my own and are not any official representation of HPE.

I am an HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo

WilliamSmith11
Super Advisor

Have a question more or less related to this Discussion

My actual HPE Alletra 9060 is connected to the two San switches in an HPE C7000, a new HPE Synergy is going to be added, and no external San switches are available, only the San switches that are in the C7000 and the Synergy 12000 system.

Question,

Can I connect the available ports in the Alletra 9060 nodes to the new San switches in the Synergy frame like in my picture?

Can I make the cascade of the actual San switches in the C7000 with the San switches in the new Synergy Frame? 

Regards 

Williams

C7000_Synergy_Alletra_SanSwitches.png

rperez
Sunitha_Mod

Hello @WilliamSmith11,

Thank you for posting! 

We have responded to your primary post, please refer to the below thread: 

https://community.hpe.com/t5/hpe-primera-storage/cascades-brocades-c7000-and-hpe-synergy-san-switches-amp-alletra/td-p/7210574

Thanks,
Sunitha G
I'm an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo