HPE ProLiant Storage Systems
1755700 Members
3414 Online
108837 Solutions
New Discussion

Where is electronic download of "HP Storage Server Service (NAS) Release 5.6"?

Mario Giaretta
Frequent Advisor

Where is electronic download of "HP Storage Server Service (NAS) Release 5.6"?

Hello,
i would like to download product "HP Storage Server Service (NAS) Release 5.6" for HP Proliant Storage server DL380G4, but i find only the possibility to order the physical cd from link "http://h20392.www2.hp.com/portal/swdepot/displayProductInfo.do?productNumber=366133-006".

Any idea where can i download directly from HP?

Thanks

Mario
1 REPLY 1
eyevan01

Re: Where is electronic download of "HP Storage Server Service (NAS) Release 5.6"?

I know this is long but read each paragraph in its entirety before you proceed with the steps.

I found it here:
https://h20392.www2.hp.com/portal/swdepot/displayProductInfo.do?productNumber=366133-006

Click on the "Receive for Free" button at the top right of the screen. (Note: You can check if your server is supported by this update if you scroll down. There are also some guides and informative documents at the bottom of this page.)

After you click on the â receive for freeâ button it will take you to a login page. You will need a HP Passport account. It differs than the one used for the forums.

After you login, the next page you see will ask you for some information if you haven't updated your profile. Click "Next" when all the information is entered and you have checked to accept the software license agreements.

No you will see a page that looks like a confirmation page to have the Service Release shipped to you. Click on the â Get Softwareâ tab. Scroll down the page a little and you will see two buttons. One labeled â Download Directlyâ and another labeled â Use HP Download Managerâ . Now, I tried using the Download Directly option and the download stopped at about 350 MB and said the file downloaded successfully when it obviously had not (the file size is 4482.62 MB). When I used the HP Download Manager the file downloaded completely on the first try. So I recommend using that.
Hope this helps.

Ivan