New Discussion

Re: Arbiter status - Configuration Required

SOLVED
Go to solution
TDW1
Occasional Advisor

Arbiter status - Configuration Required

Hi,

I ran svt-federation-show and one of my clusters show the arbiter status as "Configuration Required".  When I check the cluster in vCenter it shows as connected.  What does the configuration required status mean?

1 REPLY 1
jileaana67
Occasional Visitor
Solution

Re: Arbiter status - Configuration Required

The "Configuration Required" status in the context of an arbiter cluster typically indicates that there are some configuration settings or requirements that need to be addressed before the arbiter cluster can function as intended. An arbiter cluster is a special type of VMware vSAN cluster configuration that includes a third-site tiebreaker, known as the arbiter site, which helps determine the outcome of split-brain situations. The networking configuration for the arbiter site might not be properly set up or configured. This could include issues with network connectivity, IP addresses, or routing settings. 

If you're using an arbiter appliance, there could be configuration settings specific to the appliance that need to be addressed. Check the documentation for the arbiter appliance for any required configurations.  Licensing considerations might impact the configuration of the arbiter site. Ensure that the required licenses are properly assigned. 

Review the documentation specific to the arbiter configuration you're using. Verify network settings and connectivity between the arbiter site and the vSAN cluster. Double-check that all cluster members are correctly registered and part of the cluster. Review any appliance-specific settings or requirements. Ensure that vCenter and licensing settings are properly configured. Check for any firewall or security settings that might be affecting communication.