4850 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Autostart OmnistackVC Controller VM after exit Maintanence Mode

cake1
Occasional Contributor

Autostart OmnistackVC Controller VM after exit Maintanence Mode

Hi all,

When we start an Maintanence Mode for an esxi host, i shutdown down the omnistackVC vontroller via HPE SimpliVity Actions --> Shutdown virtual controller. That works fine.

When the host went back i exit maintanence mode from esxi server, but the omnistackvc vm wont start after the configured startup delay value.

HA Mode is enabled. What should i configure for the HA values so the OmnistackVC vm will automatically startup.

best regards

Carsten

2 REPLIES 2
dhooley
HPE Pro

Hi Carsten,

The recommended settings to enable that VM startup delays work as expected for the OVC and other VM's would be the following:

1. Edit the Omnicube Virtual Controller startup settings to have a startup delay of 720 seconds. I believe the default value here is 120 seconds.

2. The Omnistack Virtual Controller VM should be in the "Automatic Startup Section" and not "Manual Startup".

These settings can be found at the ESXi host section under Configuration > VM startup/Shutdown in the vCenter Server Web Client. HA does not affect the OVC VM regardless of being enabled or not.

Regards,

Dave

I work for HPEAccept or Kudo
cake1
Occasional Contributor

Hi Dave,

thx for reply, i checked all values but they are still correct, with your values you describes. Next time when i update the esxi server i will look forward if the omnistackvc vm will starts automatically.

Thank you

regards

Carsten