108786 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Character Limitations of Password

SOLVED
Go to solution
Na-ka
Advisor

Character Limitations of Password

I want to confirm character limitations of password.
Deployment checklist includes below;

SimpliVity OmniStack for vSphere Deployment Guide
--- page 19 ---
Check the password complexity.
Do not use special characters (for example,asterisk, ampersand, slash) in your OmniStack host password (if prompted to set one during deployment).
See your hypervisor documentation and the SimpliVity OmniStack for vSphere Release Notes for details on character limitations
----------------

However, description about character limitations of password is not seen in HPE OmniStack 3.7.6 U1 for vSphere Release Notes.

where can I confirm the detail?

2 REPLIES 2
MikeSeden
HPE Pro
Solution

Re: Character Limitations of Password

It pretty much answers your question on page 14 of the SimpliVity OmniStack for vSphere Deployment Guide-

Use the ESXi host root user account to log on to an OmniStack host. You create the password for the ESXi host root user account when you deploy an OmniStack host using Deployment Manager. For ESXi host password requirements and restrictions, see the VMware documentation for your ESXi host version.

The Omnistack deployment guide does not address passwords, so the other location "hypervisor information" has the answer. https://docs.vmware.com/en/VMware-vSphere/6.5/com.vmware.vsphere.security.doc/GUID-DC96FFDB-F5F2-43EC-8C73-05ACDAE6BE43.html

I have not had an issue using a special character in the root or CLI user when using deployment manager.. That has been my experience.

While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the company
Accept or Kudo
Na-ka
Advisor

Re: Character Limitations of Password

Thank you for your answer.

I'll refer to VMware Docs.