4368 Online
108756 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: How Simplivity nodes supports compute nodes

shang1983
Advisor

How Simplivity nodes supports compute nodes

Hi,

I heard that a simplivity node can allow support to two compute nodes. Anyone knows hows the simplivity node control the support of the compute node?

3 REPLIES 3
Shivam1
HPE Pro

SimpliVity only supports a compute nodes in terms of sharing its storage to compute, so tht high availaibilty of compute node is as good as SimpliVity.

I work for HPE

Accept or Kudo

gustenar
HPE Pro

Hello @shang1983 

Thank you for using HPE SimpliVity Forum. 

I'm including a link to the SimpliVity Administration Guide. Look at page 65 for general guidelines regarding compute nodes and supported configurations. 

HPE OmniStack 4.0.0 for vSphereAdministration Guide 

Hope it helps. 

I am an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
DaveOb
HPE Pro

The two node limit is a soft limit you can configure as may as you like but you may run into performance issues,

The compute node is configured with an entry in its /etc/hosts file for omni.cube.io which is either the managment or storage ip of one of the virutual controllers and then the GUI is used to allow access to the datastore.

If you map the .managment of the OVC as the omni.cube.io entry then NO ipfailover will occur once the mapped OVC is offline the OVC looses acces to the datastore.

By mapping the storage network of the OVC failover is possible and another simplivity node in the cluster will continue to serve IO.

I am an HPE employee
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo