1754919 Members
2892 Online
108827 Solutions
New Discussion

HPE SimpliVity - Migration of Arbiter

ChongYanYan
Occasional Advisor

HPE SimpliVity - Migration of Arbiter

Hi everyone, I am in the midst of performing upgrade for my 2 nodes SimpliVity. I am currently runing vCenter Server 6.5 U2C (9451637) for Windows and target to run VCSA 7.0. Eventually when the upgrade process is completed, the Windows Server which is hosting the vCenter Server will be retired.

What I want to know is, arbiter is to be installed in a Windows environment? So I can either installed in a user pc (Windows environment), or I need to setup a new Windows Server just to host the aribiter services? Is there a way to host in a linux environment?

3 REPLIES 3
MikeSeden
HPE Pro

Re: HPE SimpliVity - Migration of Arbiter

The Arbiter is a Windows Service so the answer would be a Windows Server is required. As you get the SimpliVity SVT upgraded to 4.0.0 and above the federation can run without the Arbiter, I suggest you call support for that scenario.

While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the company
Accept or Kudo
gustenar
HPE Pro

Hello @ChonYanYan,

These are the supported OS versions for the arbiter service: 

Windows Server 2019, 2016, 2012 R2, 2008 R2, Windows10

No support for Linux OS. 

I am an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
gustenar
HPE Pro

More arbiter requirements can be found here:

https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDisplay?docLocale=en_US&docId=a00123772en_us

Page 11. 

I am an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo