5411 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Issue with SimpliVity Plugin

S_Logan
HPE Pro

Issue with SimpliVity Plugin

Hello Team,

In one of our SimpliVity setup, we installed the HPE SimpliVity VMware vSphere web client Plugin, Installation was successful in vCenter Server Appliance (vCSA).

While accessing the WebClient, we could not see the HPE SimpliVity Federation Icon in Home Screen.

what could be the reason for this?

Is any solution or workaround available for this issue?

I appreciate your help!

I work for HPE

Accept or Kudo

[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
5 REPLIES 5
DeclanOR
Respected Contributor

Hi @S_Logan 

Thanks for using the forum.

Quick question: Are you on OVC software version 3.7.10? If so, do you have linked mode vCenters? If you have linked mode vCenters, does one of your vCenters manage non-simplivity infrastructure?

Thanks,

DeclanOR #I am a HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo

S_Logan
HPE Pro

Hi DeclanOR,

Yes, it is 3.7.10, 

Its not a linked mode vcenters..

It is a test environment, so its a simpliVity management setup only

I work for HPE

Accept or Kudo

[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
DeclanOR
Respected Contributor

Hi @S_Logan 

Thanks. 

Did you log out and back into the vSphere UI after installing the plugin? If not, please do so as this is a necessary step of the installation of the plugin.

Also, have you ensured that your vSphere versions are supported for 3.7.10 as per interop guides?

Thanks,

DeclanOR

Accept or Kudo

S_Logan
HPE Pro

Hi DeclanOR,

Thank you for the quick response,  will try these and keep you psoted.

Thanks,

S_Logan

I work for HPE

Accept or Kudo

BenH10
Advisor

DeclanOR mentioned something that you missed. You must use the HTML5 version (UI) of vCenter to access the plugin for 3.7.10. The web client / Adobe Flash version is no longer supported or installed.