New Discussion юеВ

Re: Simplivity 4.0 feeback

SOLVED
Go to solution
jlangmead
Regular Advisor

Simplivity 4.0 feeback

Hi

I'm interested to gain any feedback and reviews on real-world experience with Simplivity 4.0. I'm considering upgrading from 3.7.10 which I've found very stable and easy to work with but like the sound of the InfoSight integration and RBAC feature. However, I don't want to put myself through a world of pain just for those two benefits. Have people found 4.0 as good as previous releases or would I be wise to wait until 4.1 before taking the leap?

Kind regards

8 REPLIES 8
JohnHHaines
HPE Pro

Just wanted to respond to one point - you do not need to upgrade to 4.0 fro InfoSight - that is avaialble to you on 3.7.10.

John

Search our SimpliVity Knowledge Base, view our Document and Video libraries, or ask SimpliVity experts your questions on the HPE SimpliVity Forum

[Moderator edit: Removed the broken link. Please refer to https://support.hpe.com/]

I work for HPEAccept or Kudo
scott_svt
Frequent Advisor

I'm going to leave it to another live user to give you feedback on 4.0, as I am obviously coming at it from a different angle. However, I'm interested in your 'world of pain'. Was that a turn of phase or is there something that really bit you previously? I'm wondering if the 4.0 upgrade has any feature that ameliorate your specific issue.

Accept or Kudo
jlangmead
Regular Advisor

Hi Both

Thanks for the replies and that's great news on the InfoSight version - to be honest this was the main reason I was looking at version 4.0.... so on the strength of that I may just stick with 3.7.10 for now

And the 'world of pain' I was referring to was simply a turn of phrase - I've not had any memorable disasters with SimpliVity but didn't want my first one to be with a 4.0 upgrade as it's only been out for a few weeks. I was actually referring to my ill-advised choice to upgrade to VMware 6.5 back in the day when it first launched (well before I got involved with SimpliVity) and that is somethng I'd rather not go through again.

Someone did mention to me that HPE were actually suggesting people wait for 4.1 - that may be hearsay but I was wondering where that rumour may have started from..... and thought this forum mught be a good place to look.

scott_svt
Frequent Advisor
Solution

Hahaha! Not a bother!

Yes, it can be tricky picking your versions to hit the sweet spot. As for, "wait until 4.1' - heresay! No reason not to go to 4.0, but in your case, ceratinly no reason to do this either! Best of luck getting it all set up,. and if you have any issues, please don't think twice about opening a case.

Accept or Kudo
JMarchy
Occasional Visitor

We've been on 4.0 since release. We had to upgrade to get a fix for issues with QFLE3 drivers. If you are using 10gbe backbone for storage/federation network, this should probably be a priority upgrade.

Otherwise, the 4.0 plugin and HTML vSphere take some getting used to, there was some redesign in the layouts, locations, and workflows of some Simplivity features. 

cheesi
Advisor

Hi JMarchy,

do oyu have a KB for this issue: Because we have a lot of direct attached 2 nodes out there?

Thanks for your help

HPe do you have this KB for me ?

Matthew Ingram
Regular Advisor

we upgraded 10 clusters about a month ago. No issues so far.

JMarchy
Occasional Visitor