HPE SimpliVity
1777558 Members
2123 Online
109070 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Simplivity Action "Shutdown Virtual Controller" error Unexpected server error

dbartlett

Simplivity Action "Shutdown Virtual Controller" error Unexpected server error

Has anyone seen this. We deployed 2 new hosts and one of the hosts when trying to shutdown Virtual controller from SimpliVity Action we get an error "Unexpected server error." but we can safely shutdown the OVC through CLI.

I also notice that the icon for Omnicube is different from the rest. Not sure if that means anything.

Unexpected error.jpg

The omnistack that does not have the 3 dots is the one that gets the Unexpected error.

The other works fine and checking the rest of the omnistacks we have in our vcenter all has those 3 dots in the icon

omnistack-icon.jpg

Weve been working with support and so far no resolution yet.

2 REPLIES 2
gustenar
HPE Pro

Re: Simplivity Action "Shutdown Virtual Controller" error Unexpected server error

Hello @dbartlett

The three dots mean that the OmniStack controller VM is being managed by SimpliVity. Not having the dots is most likely the reason of the error as it probably can't communicate properly with vCenter. Since this is a fresh installation, try the command:

"dsv-update-vcenter --username <vCenter admin account> --server <vCenter IP address> --password <vCenter admin password"

Reboot the OVC when prompted to do so. This should help fix the issue. Let me know how it works. 

I am an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
dbartlett

Re: Simplivity Action "Shutdown Virtual Controller" error Unexpected server erro

@gustenar  thank you for the steps provided. I followed and ran this command but still was not able to resolve the issue.

Another thing I noticed is that when I click this OVC the Summary page does not say "Managed by: SimpliVity" whereas the other does.