6556 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Simplivity deployment Failed

Ali92
Occasional Contributor

Simplivity deployment Failed

Hi.

i need help with simplivity 380 deployment, i created a new cluster within vcenter and run the deployment manager and start filling the required fields, after i run the test there was a failure in the network configuration, as you can see in the below link,

i used 10Gb ports for federation and storage, and two 1Gb ports for management, the arbiter is installed in different server,

https://filebin.net/sp0uwhmy6ve6eis9  

any suggestion?

4 REPLIES 4
DaveOb
HPE Pro

The deployment manager logs may tell you more but its probably best if you open a support ticket.

I am an HPE employee
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
BenH10
Advisor

I've never had the deployment manager pass network checks because I do not use standard vSwitches. If you are 100% confident that your storage and federation NICs/switches are configured correctly, you can bypass the tests. If you go into the program files for the deployment manager and change two config files, the "next" button won't be greyed out after failing the tests. I believe the line it "Pre-Deployment Validation" and you change it from "false" to "true". You will have to re launch deployment manager for the change to take affect. 

This will only work if the networking configuration is 100% correct and the traffic will pass through. If it doesn't work, you can always factory reset the node and try again. I recommend you load the ".img" installer onto a physical flash drive as it is much faster than the iLO. 

FSERVER

Hi.

Have you try to deploy with only 1 nic during the deployment ( 1 nic 1Gbps for MGMT and 1 10Gbps for Storage and Fedderaton ) and after the deployment was done the add the another one to vSW.

Or can you share more screen for the failed test result.

Good Luck.

Ali92
Occasional Contributor

i did not touch the vSwitches everything is default, i only gave the federation and storage different subnet, but i will give it a try and tell u what happens, thank you