4446 Online
108757 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Simplivity Lost Sync Issue

kmsj13
Occasional Advisor

Simplivity Lost Sync Issue

Hi Everyone,

One of my customer experienced having Storage Lost Sync during intensive usage of CPU (95%), they are executing SQL Queries on MySQL Database. While executing the Queries on Node 1 of Cluster 1 and the Storage Lost Sync appeared, then all VMs on Node 2 are unresponsive...

4 REPLIES 4
DeclanOR
Respected Contributor

Hi @kmsj13 

Thanks for using the forum. 

This issue sounds like it will need a remote session to see what is happening here. I would recommend creating a support ticket to allow us to look at this in ore detail.

Thanks,

DeclanOR

Accept or Kudo

kmsj13
Occasional Advisor

Hi DeclanOR,

Sorry but currently we don't have any access on the nodes, it was only the customer adminisstrator who explained it to me. According to him, when the CPU Usage reaches 95% of the utlization the Lost Sync error prompts, and VM's on other cluster starts to be frozen. What are other reasons why it happens? 

DeclanOR
Respected Contributor

Hi @kmsj13 

It's not really possible to make any assumptions without seeing the systems, at least not in this case. There is a  potential issues which comes to mind however relating to RDA which is necessary for Infosight. This specific issue affects version 3.7.8 only.

This article explains the issue:  https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDisplay?docLocale=en_US&docId=mmr_sf-EN_US000023409

If you need assistance in terms of the steps on the KB article, please create a support case for us to assist. Basically, if the criteria outlined here is met, and you currently run version 3.7.8, running the command outlined on all OVC's will resolve this specific issue.

If you are not running version 3.7.8, please create a support ticket for additional assistance.

Thanks,

DeclanOR

Accept or Kudo

kmsj13
Occasional Advisor

Hi Dave,

Currently our customer is running on Firmware 3.7.3, as of the moment we are currently on Holidays until Sunday.