New Discussion

Re: Stuck/Stale Folder on Datastore

SOLVED
Go to solution
l_lang
Advisor

Stuck/Stale Folder on Datastore

Hi,

we experienced a strange issue on one of our Simplivity datastores. A Citrix MCS operation got stuck during the removal of an old revision of an image. We then identified the task and stopped it. Now we have a folder on the datastore that cannot be removed. Renaming it was successful however. If you try to delete it, the vCenter GUI throws a time out and the same happens with ssh. We restarted the Citrix component to close all open handles but it did not change anything.

My last thought was to restart all management agents on any Simplivity and Compute node to clear all eventual stuck handles on the ESXi side (or opening a support ticket at HPE). Has anyone experienced this before?

5 REPLIES 5
Mahesh202
HPE Pro

Hi l_lang

It sounds like you have already taken some good troubleshooting steps, such as identifying the stuck task and restarting the Citrix component. Restarting the management agents on the Simplivity and Compute nodes may also be a good idea, as it could help clear any stuck handles on the ESXi side.

If those steps do not resolve the issue, you may want to consider opening a support ticket with HPE. They should be able to provide additional guidance and help you resolve the issue.

In the meantime, you might also try using the command-line interface to delete the folder, as this may be more effective than trying to delete it through the vCenter GUI or SSH. If you do decide to try this, make sure you are using the correct syntax for the command and that you are logged in as a user with sufficient permissions to delete the folder.

Hope this helps.!!

Regards
Mahesh

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!

I work for HPE.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

Sunitha_Mod

Hello @l_lang,

Let us know if you were able to resolve the issue.

If you have no further queries and you are satisfied with the answer then kindly mark the topic as Solved so that it is helpful for all community members.

Thanks,
Sunitha G
I'm an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
l_lang
Advisor

Hi,

no, currently we have no solution. Since we are in the process to upgrade to 4.1.3, we will look forward to this when we completed that task.

l_lang
Advisor
Solution

In the meantime we were able to resolve the issue. There were some stuck tasks inside two OVCs. One we were able to abort. To close the other, we had to reboot the OVC. After that, the folder was normal again. This issue also blocked our upgrade to 4.1.3 which after closing the tasks, went through without any problem.

Sunitha_Mod

Hello @l_lang

That's excellent! 

We are extremely glad to know the problem has been resolved and we appreciate you for keeping us updated. 

Thanks,
Sunitha G
I'm an HPE employee.
Accept or Kudo