Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Upgrade to Simplivity 4.0 controller o manual

Highlighted
Contributor

Upgrade to Simplivity 4.0 controller o manual

HI to all

We have 3 Simplivity nodos running 3.7.9 with 3 compute nodes ( these are most large in cpu and Ram than simplivity nodes) we are sharing NFS datastore from simplivity to ESXi standard host ( compute nodes).

Nodo1  simplivity share   ---> Compute node01

Nodo2  simplivity share   ---> Compute node02

Nodo3  simplivity share   ---> Compute node03

We can evacuate all vms from simplivity node 3 and compute nodo3 (in mantenaince mode)  and upgrade  the ovc, when finish we can migrate the vms from simplivity node2 to ----> node3  and compute node2 to node3  and the end the simplivity and compute node1 migrate o evacuate all vm from both simplivity and compute nodes. 

We planing put DRs manual  and HA enable .

The Question here is ....Its safe made the upgrade using because no all vm can migrate front the compute node to simplivity with out downtime. The compute nodes are largest that simplivity nodes.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
HPE Pro

Hi @Izaac 

Thanks for using the forum.

Quick question - are upgrading only the OVC software, or do you plan upgrading ESXi and FW also?

Thanks,

DeclanOR

Accept or Kudo

I am an HPE Employee
Highlighted
Contributor

Declan

Yes we planning upgrade all aspect from 3.7.3 to 4.0

thks

Highlighted
HPE Pro

Hi @Izaac 

Apologies for the delay in responding. I missed your previous coment

The steps you mention are correct - evacuate the node and associated access node prior to upgrading each node. The node and it's access node should be vacant before upgrading.

NOTE: You wil need to be very clear on the upgrade paths in terms of ESXi/FW/OVC during the process. Depending on your curent ESXi version, there may be multiple hops. OVC software - no additional hops - you can go straight from 3.7.3 to 4.0

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

DeclanOR

Accept or Kudo

I am an HPE Employee