1767171 Members
2944 Online
108959 Solutions
New Discussion ī„‚

Brocade 32Gb/20 for HPE Synergy SAN switch port mapping

TauhidulIslam
Occasional Contributor

Brocade 32Gb/20 for HPE Synergy SAN switch port mapping

I have an HPE synergy 12000 frame with two Brocade 32Gb/20 4SFP+ Power Pack+ Fibre Channel SAN Switch Module for HPE Synergy, this switch has 8 port up-link and 12 port downlink. I want to use 2 ports for the uplink, how can I check the port mapping and configure  2 port up-links for 12 port downlinks?

4 REPLIES 4
support_s
System Recommended

Query: Brocade 32Gb/20 for HPE Synergy SAN switch port mapping

System recommended content:

1. HPE Synergy Cabling Guide | Brocade 32Gb FC SAN Switch Module for HPE Synergy

2. Brocade 32Gb Fibre Channel Switch Module for HPE Synergy User Guide

Please click on "Thumbs Up/Kudo" icon to give a "Kudo".

Thank you for being a HPE valuable community member.

Accept or Kudo

TauhidulIslam
Occasional Contributor

Re: Query: Brocade 32Gb/20 for HPE Synergy SAN switch port mapping

Hello Tema,

Thanks for sharing the information, I can see on the document the server connects sequentially to bays 1 through 12 with
the enclosure midplane. The uplink port has 8 and I want to configure the switch AG mode but my production san has 3 available ports, so how it work and how can I see the port mapping from the Synergy san switch?

ChrisLynch
HPE Pro

You need to use the FOS Admin UI or CLI to view all FC port status.  The switch is no different if you had a similar top of rack switch connecting rack server HBA ports.

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

TauhidulIslam
Occasional Contributor

@ChrisLynch Hello ChrisLynch,

I hope I cannot understand the problem, the switch has 8 uplink ports for 12 synergy blade servers, and the 8 port link with 12 servers by midplane. Are the Server 1 to Server 12 uplink ports 1 to 8 anyone or Server 1 uplink port 1, server 2 uplink ports 2 & 3 and Server 3 uplink ports 1 & 5 like that, How can I check this mapping table and can I change the mapping?