2974 Online
108959 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Migrating interconnect

SOLVED
Go to solution
gorozzo

Migrating interconnect

We are expecting a new interconnect at the DR (Disaster Recovery) location soon. The new interconnect is of the latest F32 100Gb generation, and our plan is to integrate it into production, where older F8 40Gb devices are currently in use. The question is whether it is possible to create a logical interconnect between two different devices. We are planning to perform a live migration, replacing the existing F8 40Gb devices with the new F32 100Gb devices

3 REPLIES 3
DanCernese
HPE Pro
Solution

Re: Migrating interconnect

You will need to adjust your expectations for migration.  There is only one CNA compatible between both the 40Gb and 100Gb modules-- the HPE 4820C CNA.  If your servers do not already have that adapter, you will need to also order those and plan for full downtime to swap out the modules... .

and no, you cannot create a logical interconnect with two different device modules.  sorry.

https://www.hpe.com/info/synergyvc100gbfc32switch-synmigration-guide

I am an HPE Employee
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
gorozzo

Thank you for explanation
Sunitha_Mod

Hello @gorozzo,

Excellent! 

We are glad to know your concern has been addressed. 

Thanks,
Sunitha G
I'm an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo