1754936 Members
1728 Online
108827 Solutions
New Discussion

Temp sensor location -Synergy 12000 frame vs compute modules

PatrickLong
Trusted Contributor

Temp sensor location -Synergy 12000 frame vs compute modules

Due to a recent cooling event, I'm taking a much closer look at my temperature readings with an eye to adjusting the alert thresholds.  However, I am seeing a wide disparity of temp readings between my Synergy 12000 frames and the SY480 and SY660 compute nodes contained therein.  In many cases they are showing nearly a 20 degree F difference.  Where are the temperature sensors located in the 12000 frame from which the OneView Enclosures> Utilization >Temperature values are displayed vs. the temperature sensor location in the compute modules from which the Server Hardware > Utilization > Temperature values are obtained?  For example, one of my frames shows a temp of  84 F but none of the compute modules installed in that frame show any temp value higher than 66 F?  A similar temperature disparity shows across all of my frame fleet relative to the compute modules they contain - and I'm just trying to reconcile how the reported values could be so different between components that are physically adjacent..

1 REPLY 1
DanCernese
HPE Pro

Re: Temp sensor location -Synergy 12000 frame vs compute modules

The frame temperature represents a mostly incoming flow near the front panel (where the console connects).  Any obstruction there could collect warm air (such as a door handle or racks with no flow front to back).

I believe the OneView server temperature is read from the iLO's:   01-Inlet Ambient  =  20C 

image.png

I am an HPE Employee
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo