2462 Online
109025 Solutions
New Discussion

two different uplinks (Two different LAGs) belonging to the same network

cer113
Frequent Advisor

two different uplinks (Two different LAGs) belonging to the same network

HI

My network guy is asking me is there any way to configure two different uplinks (two differentLAGs) that belong to one network.

Would that be possible on Synergy 12000 frame ( 2 frames)

3 REPLIES 3
cer113
Frequent Advisor

Re: two different uplinks (Two different LAGs) belonging to the same network

Also the question would be if there is possibility to create port channel between interconnect link ports and switch like we can do in Cisco UCS

TVVJ
HPE Pro

Hello,

You may refer to the section "Adding networks to an uplink set" in the HPE OneView User Guide for HPE Synergy and see if it is of any help.

Regards,

I work for HPE
Views expressed herein are my personal opinion and are not the views of HPE

Accept or Kudo

ChrisLynch
HPE Pro

My network guy is asking me is there any way to configure two different uplinks (two differentLAGs) that belong to one network.

Due to the Virtual Connect architecture, no this isn't possible.

Also the question would be if there is possibility to create port channel between interconnect link ports and switch like we can do in Cisco UCS

Yes.  As long as the stacking links are connected to the adjacent Virtual Connect SE peer module, you would add the needed uplink ports to the same Uplink Set.  Within the Uplink Set, you can adjust certain LACP settings, like the timer, load balancing algorithm, failover trigger and if to distribute uplink ports (that have 16 or more uplinks assigned).

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo