1754043 Members
3195 Online
108811 Solutions
New Discussion

Cisco N5K backup failures

kc8iqw
Occasional Visitor

Cisco N5K backup failures

I have, by following other posts on this forum, been able to get all of my Cisco network gear backing up except our 2 Cisco N5K C56128P switches.  Both of these throw "Protocol error: Expected control record".  The debugging of the imccfgbakdm didn't yield anything of use aside from this same error.  The seemingly 3 important lines are below:

2019-11-18 14:33:09.352 [ERROR (11)] [THREAD(4604)] [CCLIScriptProcessor::exec()] Fail to call exec_impl(). DevIP =<redacted>, AdaptName = CiscoNX7K,service name = ConfigBackup, action name = backup_startup_config.

2019-11-18 14:33:10.395 [INFO (11)] [THREAD(7628)] [CScriptProcessor::exec()] Finished to execute, result:
ServiceName = ConfigBackup

ActionName = backup_startup_config

InputParam = DevName=<redacted>?_?TFTPFile=G:/Program Files/iMC/server/tmp/startup_2856153772.cfg?_?TFTPServer=<redacted>?_?UnitList=?_?VpnName=

OutputParam = ERROR_MESSAGE=Timeout to login. No message recive from device!

CmdResp = Using keyboard-interactive authentication.

Password:

Protocol error: Expected control record

ErrorMessage = Timeout to login. No message recive from device!

ActionResult = 11

2019-11-18 14:33:10.395 [ERROR (11)] [THREAD(7628)] [CThirdPartCfgfileMgr::__backup()] Failed to call CScriptProcessor::exec().step_detail: Using keyboard-interactive authentication.

Password:

Protocol error: Expected control record

, error_message: Timeout to login. No message recive from device!

The SSH credientials test fine and SSH proxy works as well.  Any assistance would be of great help.

3 REPLIES 3
jmpk
HPE Pro

Re: Cisco N5K backup failures

Hello,

I hope you are using Automatic backup to capture device configs . Please try to perform manual back-up those two switches and also let me know are you using SCP / or SFTP method to run back up.

I work for HPEAccept or Kudo
kc8iqw
Occasional Visitor

Yes they are trying to use auto-backup and that debug output was copied from a manual backup attempt.  All of our devices use SCP including the F5s which took some tom-hackery to get working.

jmpk
HPE Pro

Hi,

I sugest you to log a support case with HPE to verfify your firmware and IMC setting 

I work for HPEAccept or Kudo