1752577 Members
4764 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: How to remove Link-aggregation as shown as default in Topology map? 7.3 E705P02

dasi66
Frequent Advisor

How to remove Link-aggregation as shown as default in Topology map? 7.3 E705P02

It's not very good when one router has a port channel to 2 devices. Then only one is showed. See below:

Link-aggregation was not seen in 7.3 E605P02

The actual po-links manually printed in red is not visible in this case.

agg-link.png

6 REPLIES 6
parnassus
Honored Contributor

Re: How to remove Link-aggregation as shown as default in Topology map? 7.3 E705P02

Well...link aggregations (call it - HP ProCurve jargon - Port Trunking or - HPE Comware jargon - Link Aggregation Group or...Cisco EtherChannel) require that links are co-terminus...so only if you're dealing with Virtual Switches you can begin/end member links on both Virtual Switch members...otherwise...if you're usually dealing with standalone switches (and not MC-LAGs are involved) then link aggregation interface's member links need to begin and end between A peer pair (and not between/crossing pairs, one pair north and one south)...watching your attachement it looks like you're dealing with a pair of routers and each one has a link aggregation interface where two member links (one drawn red) terminate against two different standalone switches...isn't it?

I'm not an HPE Employee
Kudos and Accepted Solution banner
dasi66
Frequent Advisor

Exactly like this:

"watching your attachement it looks like you're dealing with a pair of routers and each one has a link aggregation interface where two member links (one drawn red) terminate against two different standalone switches...isn't it?"

So Can I solve this in any way?

parnassus
Honored Contributor

Probably I misunderstood your issue (or the fact you believe to deal with an issue): having a device with a link aggregation defined where its member links don't co-terminate on the same physical (or virtual) switch will produce an error (the aggregation will not properly terminate on its peers interfaces)...so IMC is showing you the right thing...just one link of two (per each egressing wrong port aggregation).

I'm not an HPE Employee
Kudos and Accepted Solution banner
jguse
HPE Pro

Hello,

If you're referring to detecting links that use Cisco's Multi-chassis Etherchannel, I am not sure if iMC has ever been able to detect these properly, but I doubt it. Was it working on previous iMC releases? If not, you'd need to contact your HPE Sales/Acct. Manager to open an Enhancement Request, in order for iMC to detect these types of links properly in a future release.

Best regards,
Justin

Working @ HPE
Accept or Kudo
dasi66
Frequent Advisor

In previous releases i do not see link-aggregation as I remember. I remember that I saw all links as connected.

dasi66
Frequent Advisor

Here you see 7.3 E605P06 vs 73 E705P06

before.JPGAfter.JPG