5175 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion

HP IMS SMS Alerts

Kavz
Advisor

HP IMS SMS Alerts

Hi All,

I have a single server HP IMC version 5.0 installed at a customer. I have setup email alerts and all works 100%.

I need to setup SMS alerts. I have a USB Huawei Modem and an open SIM

I followed the Admin guide process, which is very simple, but cannot get this working. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in Advance

Kavesh.B

5 REPLIES 5
pombeii
Frequent Advisor

Re: HP IMS SMS Alerts

USB Huawei Modem is not supported. See the release notes for modem compatibility.

Kavz
Advisor

Hi, can you perhaps help me with this list....I have checked through thte release notes for 5.0 and5.1, and cannot find a list of supported modem.

pombeii
Frequent Advisor

To my knowledge, the following modems are being supported in IMC 5.1SP1, which will be released recently. Maybe you could have a try.

WaveCom M2306B
· WaveCom TS-WGC1 (Q2403A)
· Wanxiang serial port GSM modem (DG-C1A)
· Wanxiang USB GSM modem (DG-U1A)
· Wanxiang USB min GSM modem (DG-MINI)
· WaveCom M1206B GSM modem (chip: 24PL)
· WaveCom USB M1206B GSM modem (chip: Q24PL, Q2403A)

Good luck!

PierreS
Occasional Visitor

Hi,

I thought that I also put some input into this board. So, for all guys that come back to this question:

We resolved SMS alerts thing using a hardware SMS gateway. We send alerts from IMC as emails and convert them to SMS messages in the SMS gateway. We have a hardware gateway for that with email2sms plugin. This is what we used: http://www.smseagle.eu  It does the job well.

Regards,

Pierre

GiroSinTornillo
Occasional Advisor

Hi guys:
  We are needing to send SMS alerts from HP IMC.

The options to send SMS are poor documented and really need some extra explanations to be used...

Can you help me with such options?

Can I generate a POST or GET to an URL for each SMS that need to be sended for example?

There are a official list of SMS GATEWAYS or gsm modem chipsets compatible with HP IMC?

Any help in this regard will be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Hugo Müller