New Discussion юеВ

IMC MIB Compiliation

SOLVED
Go to solution
A.W.R
Frequent Advisor

IMC MIB Compiliation

Hi,

I am trying to load and compile a MIB for Alcatel 6900 switches. It fails with the error:-

[INFO]Begin to compile mib files>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
[ERROR]The file(ALCATEL-IND1-BASE.mib) is an invalid MIB file with wrong format.
[ERROR]The file(ALCATEL-IND1-DEVICES.mib) is an invalid MIB file with wrong format.
[INFO]Compiling mib files finished>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I opened the files above, but they just look like normail text files.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I have attached the MIB file.

I am using IMC v7.1.

2 REPLIES 2
LindsayHill
Honored Contributor

Re: IMC MIB Compiliation

MIB files need a specific format. When IMC imports the MIBs, it checks the formatting. Some systems have different levels of tolerance for bugs, so you might find that a file works with one NMS, but needs fixing for another NMS.

Two of these MIB files have some things that IMC does not like in their 'IMPORTS' section. It looks like this:

IMPORTS
MODULE-IDENTITY, OBJECT-IDENTITY, enterprises
FROM
SNMPv2-SMI;

IMC does not like that 'FROM' and 'SNMPv2-SMI' are on separate lines. You can edit it to look like this:

IMPORTS
MODULE-IDENTITY, OBJECT-IDENTITY, enterprises
FROM SNMPv2-SMI;

It looks like it's only ALCATEL-IND1-BASE.mib & ALCATEL-IND1-DEVICES.mib that have this problem. You can edit your copies of the files, or use the versions I've attached here. 

LindsayHill
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: IMC MIB Compiliation

Looks like there's a couple more files with issues. I think the files are OK, but IMC doesn't like them. I've made a couple of edits. Note that I've had to save the files as .txt, so I can upload them here. You'll need to rename them as .mib to get them to import.