1748177 Members
4248 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

IMC Real-Time Location: NOT WORKING after upgrade to IMC 7.3 (E0703)

granada_sis

IMC Real-Time Location: NOT WORKING after upgrade to IMC 7.3 (E0703)

Hello,

After upgrade to IMC 7.3 (E0703), Real-Time Location: NOT WORKING. In previous versions working without problems searching MACs and IPs, but with the this version no works anything.

I have tried this https://community.hpe.com/t5/IMC/HPE-IMC-Real-Time-Location-not-working-anymore/td-p/7056377#.XZrNQ2btY-V but I have the same results.

In my organization it's very important this funcionality therefore we need to repair.

I'd appreciate any ideas and thoughts here.

Regards,

4 REPLIES 4
jguse
HPE Pro

Re: IMC Real-Time Location: NOT WORKING after upgrade to IMC 7.3 (E0703)

Hello,

If you have applied the RTLS Fix that I've mentioned in the other post on E0703, then RTLS will be working exactly as it did on the previous E0605H09.

We've seen a few cases where the fix 'did not work' - it turns out that there was an additional "blank space" at the end of one of those two lines that you add to msgcomm.properties file, probably as a result of copy-pasting the text.

Can you please check if there is any blank space after either of those two lines? If so, remove it, saving the file, and restart IMC, then test the RTLS again.

Best regards,
Justin

Working @ HPE
Accept or Kudo
granada_sis

Hi,

thanks for your reply,  I think there isn`t  any blank space after either of those two lines

# \u589e\u52a0\u76d1\u89c6\u5b9e\u4f8b\u7684\u8d85\u65f6\u65f6\u95f4
java.cpp.perfm.addMonitor.timeout = 300

#\u5B9E\u65F6\u5B9A\u4F4D\u7684\u8D85\u65F6\u65F6\u95F4
java.cpp.locate.time=600

The result is the same, can`t search any MAC or IP. In previous version work fine, quick, but with this version is impossible.

I don`t know why, what can we do??

Regards,

granada_sis

Any Idea??

jguse
HPE Pro

Hello,

Sorry, didn't notice the earlier reply. With the lines added to the file, RTLS will work just like it did on the previous 7.3 E0605H09 version. If your RTLS isn't working but was working before on previous versions, it must be something related to those lines in the config.

If it's not this, what kind of IP/MAC are you searching for? Is it a wired endpoint?

You could try capturing the packets IMC sends when you scan, and analyzing those. It uses a few specific SNMP OIDs to try and locate the IP/MAC address that can be seen in a capture.

* For IP scans, you'll first see IpNetToMediaPhysAddress queries, to resolve the MAC behind the IP, before scanning for the MAC once it obtains a result.

* For MAC scans (and IP after resolving MAC), dot1dTpFdbAddress + FdbPort + FdbStatus is queried on devices for the location. A device which knows this MAC connected should return information about the interface index on which it is connected.

You can also check the RTLS Logs in the imcl2topodm logfile, under iMC\server\conf\log folder. When an RTLS Scan starts, you will see a log like:

2019-10-22 11:52:08.993 [INFO (0)] [THREAD(19308)] [CL2topoPollDataTask::findAttackerEx] Start.

Setting the imcl2topodm process to DEBUG via System Configuration > Log Configuration can help show more details about what might be going on here.

Best regards,
Justin

Working @ HPE
Accept or Kudo