1752339 Members
5610 Online
108787 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: IMC Server - IP Address Change and relocation of server

Vince00
Occasional Advisor

IMC Server - IP Address Change and relocation of server

The dreaded question... Changing the IP address on the IMC server and moving to another virtual machine.

1.  If I change the MAC on the new VM to the same as the old that should satisfy the license issue, correct?

2.  if I move the current IMC server as it is to the new cluster and give it a new IP address with the mac set as in step one would there be any major hurdles to address other than doing a device deployment updating the new SNMP trap server address to the new IP instead of the old?

3.  Is it possibly better to do a reinstallation of the software on the new server and do a export and import of the devices to the new box?

Ultimatly looking for suggestions on how to move the iMC server to a new box with a new IP, any suggestions / comments are welcomed.

2 REPLIES 2
LindsayHill
Honored Contributor

The license is based upon more than just the MAC. I think you'll find that if you create a new server with the same MAC, your license won't work.

If you've got support, it shouldn't be too hard to get HP to re-issue your license. 

As for migration vs rebuild, I'd be tempted to do a clean build, and export/import devices. It depends how much other config you've got, and if you want to keep your older performance data. If you don't need that, it's very tempting to just do a clean build, and import the devices.

devocite
Advisor

See post https://community.hpe.com/t5/IMC/relocating-imc-license-to-new-server/m-p/6854371/highlight/false#M2894

As as long as you have the old serial #, you can get it done through HPE support.