1748122 Members
3465 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Intelligent Configuration Center fails to deploy

JamesGHBray
Visitor

Intelligent Configuration Center fails to deploy

I've been using IMC on a trial before I decide to buy it, and the last thing I want to test out is the Intelligent Configuration Center.

It fails to deploy, and I get the following in the dmalog:

2018-06-01 09:36:02 [ERROR] [Thread-19] [com.h3c.imc.deploy.dma.wizard.DeployingPanelDescriptor$c::run(347)] Task execute failed

Prior to that, there is the error:

2018-06-01 09:36:02 [ERROR] [SwingWorker-pool-4-thread-9] [com.h3c.imc.deploy.tasks.ExecuteSqlTask$a::a(431)]
com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerException: The INSERT statement conflicted with the FOREIGN KEY constraint "fk_tbl_trap_reference". The conflict occurred in database "monitor_db", table "imc_monitor.tbl_trap_conf", column 'fault_oid'.

at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerException.makeFromDatabaseError(SQLServerException.java:216)
at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.TDSTokenHandler.onEOF(tdsparser.java:254)
at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.TDSParser.parse(tdsparser.java:84)
at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerStatement.getNextResult(SQLServerStatement.java:1510)
at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerStatement.doExecuteStatement(SQLServerStatement.java:792)
at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerStatement$StmtExecCmd.doExecute(SQLServerStatement.java:689)
at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.TDSCommand.execute(IOBuffer.java:5696)
at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerConnection.executeCommand(SQLServerConnection.java:1715)
at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerStatement.executeCommand(SQLServerStatement.java:180)
at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerStatement.executeStatement(SQLServerStatement.java:155)
at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerStatement.execute(SQLServerStatement.java:662)
at com.h3c.imc.deploy.tasks.ExecuteSqlTask$a.a(ExecuteSqlTask.java:410)
at com.h3c.imc.deploy.tasks.ExecuteSqlTask$a.doInBackground(ExecuteSqlTask.java:378)
at com.h3c.imc.deploy.tasks.f.call(SwingWorker.java:294)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(FutureTask.java:303)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:138)
at com.h3c.imc.deploy.tasks.SwingWorker.run(SwingWorker.java:333)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:895)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:918)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)

After getting this message, I've tried to install all of the other componants, and they have all installed without issue.

Can anyone help?

James

6 REPLIES 6
mschrein2
Frequent Advisor

Hello James,

please check if you run into this:

https://support.hpe.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?sp4ts.oid=null&docLocale=en_US&docId=emr_na-c05366209

to check this have a look at your

$IMC/deploy/log/dma.log logfile and check for this errormessage:

com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerException:
The driver could not establish a secure connection to SQL Server by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption. Error: "SQL Server did not return a response. The connection has been closed.

JamesGHBray
Visitor

Hi mschrein2,

Thanks for your help.

I have already done this (before I installed iMC), and I can confirm that I do not see that error message in my dmalog.

What else could it be?

mschrein2
Frequent Advisor

what IMc version are you using and is the database remote or local?

mschrein2
Frequent Advisor

please have a look at C:/Windows/iMC-Reserved/logs  and look for the dbresult_<timestamp>.log file

in your case should be something like dbresult_20180601093602.log and look if it gives a little bit more information about the failed insert

JamesGHBray
Visitor

Hi there, sorry for the delay, I was on leave.

I am using iMC 7.3 (E0506)

I have just checked the log you mentioned, and it doesnt seem very helpful.

Just:

"Begin to install database and data...
Begin to create plat db table..."

Followed by about 4800 lines of

"(1 row affected)"

and then

"End to install icc db data.
End to install database and data."

Edit: Also, it's a local DB installed when I first installed IMC

JamesGHBray
Visitor

Can anyone help with this? I've had to go ahead and buy IMC Basic for some other features, but I am still unable to deply the Intellicent Configuration Center...