1754355 Members
4613 Online
108813 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Cannot install Remote Discovery Engine

raj2796
Advisor

Re: Cannot install Remote Discovery Engine

seems its not an official hp solution, thier level 2 engineers and r+d lab are still investigating....

however the engineer dealing with my call investigated on his own and came up with a few things to try that fixed the issue in my case.

Not all the steps worked/some paths needed changing for me so keep in mind this is not an "official" hp solution, you're probably better of getting your call transfered to same engineer so he can look at your logs and advise you about your install - his name is Mohammed Saadullah - or else waiting for the official hp patch

1. Remove RSDDU through RSSWM, if the "remove" option is available.
2. Remove the RSDDU scheduled task, RSDDU-HPNETWALKER-SCAN
3. Delete C:\Program Files\HP\CM\Lib\RSSWM\RSPS\SWM\ZSERVICE\CM_GL_RSDDU_WIN\00000000.000\ZSERVICE.EDM
4. Reinstall RSDDU through RSSWM
ehuang
Super Advisor

tried step one but failed.
' Remote Support Discovery Engine (RSDDU) A.05.40.00.1032' removal failed due to the following error:
An exception was thrown trying to remove the service CM_GL_RSDDU_WIN. See the log CM_GL_RSDDU_WIN_remove.log for details.

where to do the step two on your list?
raj2796
Advisor

like i said, you prob want to log a call and get the engineer to look at your logs, might be a different solution for you, though step 1 failed for me as well and i carried on to find it worked
ICT Backoffice
Advisor

This worked for me:

1.Remove RSDDU in Add/Remove Software
2.Restart RSSWM (not sure if needed)
3.Delete C:\Program Files\HP\CM\Lib\RSSWM\RSPS\SWM\ZSERVICE\CM_GL_RSDDU_WIN\00000000.00
0\ZSERVICE.EDM
4. Install RSDDU through RSSWM

Many thanks to raj2796
Mauro Livi
Valued Contributor

That did it! Thanks everyone. Here are the steps I followed:

1. Remove RSDDU through RSSWM, if the "remove" option is available.
2. Remove the RSDDU scheduled task, RSDDU-HPNETWALKER-SCAN
3. Delete C:\Program Files\HP\CM\Lib\RSSWM\RSPS\SWM\ZSERVICE\CM_GL_RSDDU_WIN\00000000.00
0\ZSERVICE.EDM
4. Reinstall RSDDU through RSSWM
ehuang
Super Advisor

HP just released "Remote Support Discovery Engine (RSDDU) (A.05.40.01.1034)". It is installed perfectly. So just forget about "A.05.40.00.1032"
ICT Backoffice
Advisor

Indeed, it was automatically installed last night.