3227 Online
108832 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

RSP 05.50 and BL465c

markus_lupus

RSP 05.50 and BL465c

Hi
we have the folling problem.
All BL465c G1 Blades running Windows show up in the Entitlement Section and could be "entitled" for RSP.
No one of our BL465c G1 Blades (same Model) ruuning VMware 4 U2 shows up in the entitlement tab (seems they are not eligible). (not able to run Entitlement check)
All of these Blades have proper installed and configured
- SNMP
- HP Insight Agents
- have a green tick in the "CW" column of HP SIM
- have a valid support contract
- could be polled by HP SIM
- send traps to HP SIM
11 REPLIES 11
markus_lupus

Re: RSP 05.50 and BL465c

one addition: some problem with G5
BPE
Esteemed Contributor

Check if you have the latest update of remote support inside RSSWM. Wait until the system are re identify and they should appear after a while (10min. -3h depending on the number of ESX Server ) in the entitlement list.
If it does not work ask HP support for the workaround. It worked for us with ESX 4.1.
markus_lupus

installed two days ago and checked for updates yesterday inside RSSWM.
Identify systems and / or remove and re-discover did not work.
Is this a known issue?
What├В┬┤s about a workaround?
Brad Cunningham
Trusted Contributor

Check to see if your remote eligble list is (A.05.50.31)

If it is you should be able to syncronize and the ESX host should show up under remote support.

You can also modify the system attributes for the server which should resolve the issue

Within the Edit System Properties page for the end device add either whitespace or " Server" after the "VMware ESX" text in the "Operation system description" field and then hit "Ok" at the bottom of the page to save the update.

Then run a "Synchronize RSE" on the RSCS Entitlement tab.

Regards
brad
markus_lupus

Hi Brad,

how can I check within HP SIM /RSP if my remote eligble list is (A.05.50.31)?
(It should be because this is the version I unstalled)
I checked the Release notes and our BL 465C G1/G5 Blades are listed as eiligible - no great surpreise because those Blades runninga Windows OS are are listet in the Entitlement Tab and are succesfully entitled - only those Blades running VMware ESX 4.0 U2 do not not show up.
Modifying the System Attributes did not resolve the issue (neither add whitespace or " Server" after the "VMware ESX" text in the "Operation system description" field)
After "Synchronize RSE" on the RSCS Entitlement tab no ESX Blades did show up)
Another idea?

BR Markus
Brad Cunningham
Trusted Contributor

Sorry Markus

Thought this would address your issue since I have seen this before

The verify the remote support eliglbe list you can open the remote software manager interface and look for the package "Remote Support Eligible Systems List A.05.50.31"

What this does is to place a xml file called BusinessLogicRule.xml. When a server is discovered by SIM and the attributes are configured based on the management protocol it must then pass the BusinessLogicRule before its passed onto the entitlment page.

You might check this file and see how it matches up with your attributes listed for the server in the systems properties page .

If all else fails the Solution Center should be able to get this resolved.

If you could provide a screenshot of the attribute page I might be able to assist

brad.cunningham@hp.com

markus_lupus

Hi Brad,

I send the requested screenshots to your email adress.
Hope this is ok.

BR Markus
consolman

Hi Markus and Brad I have the same problem:

"ESX 4.0 (U2) Devices Not Displayed on the Entitlement Tab"

infrastructure details:

Blade Bl460c G6 - ESX 4.0 (U2) - RSS on vitual mchine
SIM 6.2 and RSS A.05.50 (eligble list A.05.50.30)

I have can also update all RSS compulsory package and try modify the system attributes but unsuccessfully

Have you solved the this issue ?

tks,

Fabrizio
consolman

Thanks all, I found now a solution as this:

renaming C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\RemoteSupportEligible\Config\ BusinessLogicRule.xml to .old and replacing it with the an old file that is included in the WEBES kit C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\svctools\common\desta\config\BusinessLogicRule.xml

Fabrizio