Insight Remote Support
1755597 Members
2985 Online
108836 Solutions
New Discussion

RSSWM not installing (SIM 6.0)

ecswire

RSSWM not installing (SIM 6.0)

I am trying to install SIM for the first time on a HP Proliant DL380 G5 with Windows 2003 R2 and SharePoint services enabled on it, all components installed successfully except for RSSWM, there is no trace of it, i tried the custom install and even going to \SIM6000-win\rsswm to install it, but no luck, there is no error or any progress on the install (no desktop icon - no start menu folder ...)anyone knows about this?
please and thank you.
1 REPLY 1
Michael Wyant
Trusted Contributor

Re: RSSWM not installing (SIM 6.0)

First,I would go to Start --> Programs --> Hewlett Packard --> Remote Support Software Manager --> Initialize RSSWM. That should get the ball rolling IF it was installed. Secondarily I would look for any files under C:\Program Files\HP\CM if that directory does exist step 1 should work. I would delete the CM directory and everything under it and then go to this url: https://h20392.www2.hp.com/portal/swdepot/displayProductInfo.do?productNumber=RSADVANCED

and download the 5.40 package, put it in a temp file and run the executable. It will install all of the packages and then connect to the backend.

Hope this helps.