108827 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Webes HeartBeat test failed

SOLVED
Go to solution
Sam Cofield
Advisor

The last update from WEBES Engineering on Dec. 2nd, is now looking like Friday (Dec. 5th) or Saturday (Dec. 6th) barring any issues with beta testing.

As listed above, you can setup to be notified when it is released.

FYI, it will actually be WEBES v5.4, because the v5.3 was only for EAP testing for IRS (Insight Remote Support).

Be patient, it is coming.
David B. MacKenzie

I started receiving the same "HeartBeat test failed" notifications with WEBES V5.3 from our SAN appliance that had been stable at that release for months. I upgraded to V5.4 (Build 24) which was released on Dec. 11th and still occassionally receive the same notifications.

Subject: End to End detection failed

Webes Health Check reported a problem at Sat, 3 Jan 2009 10:01:00 -0600

Hostname: sanapp
Version: 1.0
Error Code: E2E

Description:

Webes HeartBeat test failed to log event. Webes may not be in running state

CallStack:

Recommended Action:

Restart Webes Director or Contact HP services.
Uwe Zessin
Honored Contributor

One of our customers received the following workaround:
- stop services "desta_service" and "wccproxy"
- clear Application event log
- restart the services
MrGoran

I'm getting this error also. Running Webes 5.4. I've restarted the desta service, cleared the application log, re-installed Webes 5.4. Nothing seem to help. After a day at max the error is back. I've not yet done a full clean-up of Webes with HP's clean-up tool, but if I do so I'll surely loose configuration.
What is the current status here? Is this a HP bugg? Where can I find a patch if there is anything post 5.4...

Thanks
NMCI Group
Advisor

I am also getting this now after upgrading to SIM 5.3 with the latest version of WEBES. All was working fine on SIM 5.2.2 with WEBES 5.4.
Cameron Todd
Regular Advisor

Hi, I had a new EVA storage system and management server delivered about 9 months ago and the HP Service Engineer came and did the installation services package as had been purchased, but I too have had the WEBES 'End to End detection failed" emails delivered to me every 6 hours day and night for nearly the whole time we have had this system.

The HP Engineer came back out twice after we reported that the fault had reappeared and he tried reinstalling the various software components each time, however, this did not last long and the messages soon started again for no apparent reason. (given the system was new and not yet in use for development by even our internal staff, there could not have been any changes done manually on our system to have triggered this)

The versions of what I think are the relevant software components are as follows - WCCProxy v2.2, OSEM 1.4.5 and WEBES v5.2 - but it is obvious from the above discussion that upgrading the versions is not a guaranteed fix.

Is anyone in HP engineering working on this ongoing problem, as I don't think contacting the local HP service support will result in any good result since they don't seem to know what is wrong or have the capability of fixing it.
Cameron Todd
Regular Advisor

Note that this is not just an internal reporting issue - Test alerts generated do not get to HP.. We also had an HSV200 shelf failure and no-one (HP nor us) got any notification of the situation, until someone visited the lights-out server room and spotted the lightshow.
Tom Dooley

We├В┬┤ve got the same Problem and do serveral Updates of SIM and Webes, but i can not say that the SW have worked anytime.

At the Moment we will run HP SIM 5.3 and WEBES 5.4, erverything ist installed and configured, but it does not work.
Patrik Priess
Occasional Advisor

I have the exact same issues with the webes. i just upgraded to version 5.5... hope that helps.

Anyone else found a soloution?
Patrik Priess
Occasional Advisor

Oh well, even after the upgrade to WEBES version 5.5 we still get the

"Webes HeartBeat test failed to log event. Webes may not be in running state

CallStack:

Recommended Action:

Restart Webes Director or Contact HP services"

Still no one fixed this?