Internet Products
1753855 Members
7651 Online
108808 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

IE 6 not working Laptop HP 6320 with SAPGUI VERSION 640 Application

IE 6 not working Laptop HP 6320 with SAPGUI VERSION 640 Application

Hi.

Need some assistance figure out the problem.
LAPTOP Model #: HP Laptop 6320 Core 2 Duo 1.83 Ghz Processor 2MB cache, 512MB RAM *2, 80 GB HDD, DVD Writer, 15" TFT Display,
Operating System : Win XP Pro SP2
Office : Windows Office 2007 Professional.
This point the internet Explorer 6 works fine.

After SAP GUI V640 application is loaded. IE application opens, but there is no content displayed, It's Blank screen. All tools, address bar are displayed without any contents on the body. From DOS prompt we can ping the respective URL.

Hope you have understood the problem.

Thanks/Regards
Srinivasan

4 REPLIES 4
ed k.
Honored Contributor

Re: IE 6 not working Laptop HP 6320 with SAPGUI VERSION 640 Application

Hi Srinivasan, please check in your IE6 settings for Address box: from Open IE6 => Tools => Internet Options => Home Page => Address box. Is it set to Blank page? Try to change it. Best Regards :-) Ed K.
"If you see a house, you're convinced that there is a builder. If you see a garment, you're convinced that there is a tailor. If you see a universe, you are convinced that Someone created it." (R. Akiva)

Thanks for the responses. There is nothing to do with the IE 6 setting, you open any website it's blank. with IE 7, i can browse the internet. There is something i notice, from View menu -> encoding option is null. there is no further option. I sepect the encoding is not happening. I want to reinstall IE,since it's netted with XPP, i cannot proceed further.

Rgds
Srini
Jollyjet
Valued Contributor

Hi Srinivas,

Try changing the ie 6 settings to default goto --- tools --- Internet options--Advanced--Restore advanced settings

if not check whether your proxies are fine

the last option is goto add and remove programs from control panel and click on windows components remove the internet explorer restart the machine and again install it from the same.
Anshumali
Esteemed Contributor

Srini,

I never used SAP GUI, but if you can match the setting where this is working with the one where it isnt, should solve it for you.

It may be tedious task, but once you make a note what needs to be set for proper IE opening after SAP, GUI, it can help you later on.....

Does it has something to do with Java or MSVM on your machine?
Dreams are not which you see while sleeping, Dreams are which doesnt allow you to sleep while you are chasing for them!!