1748035 Members
4907 Online
108757 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Problem closing IE7 windows

bachippy
Occasional Contributor

Problem closing IE7 windows

I have a new HP TX2130EA laptop running Vista home premium 32 bit.

I have noticed that on random windows I cannot close using the right click facility (for any of the functions) but instead have to use the X in top right hand corner or Alt F4 which is becoming very annoying.
When I try anything in the right click menu on an unco-operative window I just get a beep noise, then others will do what I ask immediately!

I have contacted HP and tried numerous solution all of which have failed. Before I go for a full recovery I wanted to see if anyone on here had any ideas.

Cheers
2 REPLIES 2
Roger Faucher
Honored Contributor

Hi:

I'm running IE8 so I can't accurately reproduce your circumstances, but when I right-click in an IE8 tab, I get a different menu dependent upon content (for instance, a tab with an open .pdf file reveals an Adobe Reader-specific menu). None of the menus offer an option to close a tab or a window. I'm curious to try this on my XP/IE7 computer at work on Monday.

Do you use the 'tabs' capability in IE7? Each tab will reveal an X in the tab when that tab is selected. In this manner, you can close individual tabs (which seems a lot more convenient to me than right-clicking and selecting from a menu, but that's me).

Hope this helps.

Make a great day!

Roger
Make a great day!

Roger
bachippy
Occasional Contributor

Hi,

No I don't use tab windows I open each screen up in it's own window, prefer to see each one with it's own link in the taskbar.

When I say right click I mean on the link in the taskbar and you get a small menu that says restore, move, size, minimise, maximise and close.
I find it easier to then use the cursor at the bottom of the scren rather than moving to the top to close windows.