1757792 Members
2577 Online
108863 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

NXB 100 - DID programming

LaneComm
Occasional Advisor

NXB 100 - DID programming

I am looking for the steps to program a new DID number to a new fax machine on an ATA ext.

I looks like I need to edit the DP config or is there a different way to do it?

NXB100, PRI card and Rev 6.049

8 REPLIES 8
maknbx_1
Frequent Advisor

Re: NXB 100 - DID programming

No when nbx "debug" dial plan nbx not reboot.

Only things when you click ok to "debug2 dial plan

Tha call in progress still active but new call arrive you cannot answer and the call active cannot transfer or hold.

The dial plan take few minutes to "debug" dont'worry, and after show you the resul with for example error or warning
LaneComm
Occasional Advisor

Then a dial plan change should be imported after hours or a time when the call activity is low?

maknbx_1
Frequent Advisor

Don't worry dp to debug during few minutes, only see my detail for incoming call and trasfer/hold follow call during debug.

The minutes depend witch and how many change had you doing before and after, about 2 minutes to debug.
LaneComm
Occasional Advisor

I am looking for the steps to program a new DID number to a new fax machine on an ATA ext.

I looks like I need to edit the DP config or is there a different way to do it?

NXB100, PRI card and Rev 6.049

maknbx_1
Frequent Advisor

You need to configure the DP on pretranslator TAB (create and operation) and after you need to put on table what devices (line in this case) need to using the table and the operation you configure in DP.

Show wath do you want to result
LaneComm
Occasional Advisor

So are you saying add a line in PreTranslatorEntry with the 4 digit DID number from Telco.

Then

Add a line in PreTranslatorOperation with the 3 digit extension number and the operation being Replace, matching PreTransID and Entry (from the PreTranslatorEntry) then just import the DP configuration back to the system?

maknbx_1
Frequent Advisor

So, y can apply the configuration about the DP, then the nbx debug all the DP, if y see not an error like wath do y put in DP y go on dial plan pretranslator then select a table tath you previous configure in dp and select the line that you desire to use the configuration.

DP is case sensitive.

P.S. when the NBX "debug" the DP the conversation stay on , but you cannot answer to another call or transfer or put to hold all the active conversation, even if y use to configure the DP "on line" or export to your PC, configure and then put to NBX
merlin_1
Super Advisor

Scroll down to the pretranslators list in your dial plan

pretranslatorentrycreate = did ( from Telco )

pretranslatoroperationcreate = internal fax number ( NBX ATA Extension )

Review first to make sure you are not using the existing default pretranslators ( default are the first 10 lines ) . If you are then add in a new line for your new entries . If you are not then remove lines 2 thru 8 and modify the first entry as you wil not need the rest of the entries .

Make sure to go to the pretranslator list in the dial plan and put in your ISDN / PRI trunks into pretrasnslator 1 !

Pretranslator 2 is for outbound caller id changes - No changes needed !

Other wise the digits coming in will not be read . You can import a dial plan anytime , as the system will not allow incoming or outgoing calls for the duration of the import . However , anyone on the tel at that time will not be affected until the dial plan is read and checked for errors and imported into the system . Depending on the size , it could take a minute or 2 for small default dial plans and longer for larger customer ones ! If this is an issue during normal business hours , It is recommended to do this at slow times like lunch or after hours as it only take a minute or so to import .

This message was edited by merlin on 6-1-09 @ 7:10 AM