1754861 Members
5702 Online
108827 Solutions
New Discussion

Poor sound quality of 35XX phones

jbanach
Occasional Contributor

Poor sound quality of 35XX phones

We are noticing calls breaking up and echo issues on 35 series sets.  It is not consistent and  most calls sound fine, usually just several bad calls per user per day.  They are going out multiple PRIs.  The VCX is running 9.5.13 and is up to date with known patches.

3 REPLIES 3
STDMFGCO
Occasional Contributor

Re: Poor sound quality of 35XX phones

We have that problem now with our 350x phones.   When using them over a VPN or MPLS circuit, the calls break up one way...  So far I haven't found a fix.  We've setup our network to prioritize the QoS settings the phones use, but still have issues with breaking up.  Now, there was a problem with the 9.5 versions of the firmware... The phones did not tag its packets with DSCP or TOS values.  The 9.8 firmware fixed this, but there were also some problems with the codec and we had to get a fix from HP for the codecs. 

Inge_Suzzy
Frequent Advisor

I think i have something similar, some calls are dropped randomly, and in some calls the bilateral audio fail, but this happen only with external calls, not with internal.

My ISP says that our PBX asks for a fifth digit after place the call with 4 digits and then the call is dropped.

I don't think is qos issue, because the bandwidth consume by data and telephony on ports are lower that the bandwidth and throughput capacity of switches, and the errors will be internal but it's only with external calls.

I install the last patch for 9.5.13 that HP provide to me and also the last image for IP Phones (350x serie). But doesn't seems to work, i think it's the gateway =s what do you think?

Media Gateway V7122 ver 5.60A E1 with MFC/R2 4 digits

Advisor

Hi,

On VCX 9.5.13 there is a issue with Wideband support on 31xx phone series and 35xx phones series.

i haev get the same issue after upgrading from 7.1.30c to 9.5.13c.

The GSO see that there is a path fixing this issue on the 9.8.15c and they to do this upgrade and upload the new best effort firmeware.

coudl you tell if you have already do the path gived with the relase 9.5.13c? you need to with function + 837 to see the firmeware 9.5.13.31 version on your phones.

regards

3Com VCX IP Telephony Solution Architect, CCNA, CCDA, CSE
HP AIS Network Infrastructure