Re: Define Priority to RDP at HP switch 5130

SOLVED
Go to solution
jrsantos
Occasional Visitor

Define Priority to RDP at HP switch 5130

Hello

I'm newbie on HP switches.

My company have a hp 5130 48p switch and sometimes, remote users are disconnected from RDP when other users copy large files across the network.

I'd like to set por 3389 to have priority over other traffic.

Can we help me?

4 REPLIES 4
jmpk
HPE Pro

Hello,

You can achieve this by using QoS , please refer below configuration guide.  You need to create a QoS policy and apply globaly or Interface level based on your requirement

https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDisplay?docId=c04771703

I work for HPEAccept or Kudo
parnassus
Honored Contributor

Hi @jrsantos , you wrote:

@jrsantos wrote: ...sometimes, remote users are disconnected from RDP when other users copy large files across the network.

Are you sure the issue is "local" when you're mentioning "remote" users' RDP session disconnections concurrently with "copy large files across the network" (or download from remote networks - AKA internet - using the same gateway used to provide remote users RDP access?)?

I'm not an HPE Employee
Kudos and Accepted Solution banner
jrsantos
Occasional Visitor

Hi @parnassus 

Yes i'm sure.

Hello John
Yes, I'm sure.
I did a test. I started an off-the-hour backup to generate traffic and my phone was full of messages from users losing access. While the backup was taking place, I asked them to try to reconnect, and most were unsuccessful or connected but lost access again.
When the backup ended, everyone resumed access.
I started to monitor some users that I know make large transfers to let me know when they were going to make this copy of files over the network and confirmed the same result.

jrsantos
Occasional Visitor
Solution

I think it put me on the right path. Thank you.