6547 Online
108796 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: network

Montaser
Occasional Visitor

network

Hi all,

i have two 2530 sw and a sophos xg firewall and vlan 1 is the defauld vlan on both switches, i need to create another vlan with an ID 10 , i created subinterface on the sophos and dhcp scope for the new vlan.

i can't obtain an ip address for the new vlan and somehow am confused with hp switches terminology

what is tagged and untagged and what to do with my scenario, am sorry for making it long but any help would be great 

thanks alot for everyone

2 REPLIES 2
parnassus
Honored Contributor

Hi, since you created a sub-interface on the Sophos firewall (and you assigned a VLAN Id to it) you just need to create the very same VLAN Id on the HP 2530 (at first you need on the 2530 directly connected to the firewall) and then tag the port connected to the Sophos on that switch with the VLAN Id used on the sub-interface.

Say you created VLAN 100 (VLAN Id = 100) and the port 24 is used to connect to the Sophos, then ensure VLAN 100 is created on the HP 2530 and tag the port 24 with that VLAN 100 (the command is: interface ethernet 24 tagged vlan 100): doing things that way the VLAN 100 is "exteneded" to the HP 2530 from the Sophos. Clearly an host on that VLAN on the 2530 need to have the switch port set as untagged on that VLAN Id (interface ethernet 1 untagged vlan 100), that way the port 1 is configured as an Access port untagged member of VLAN 100.

I'm not an HPE Employee
Kudos and Accepted Solution banner
Montaser
Occasional Visitor

thanks a lot it's working now