LAN Routing
1752577 Members
5698 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

OfficeConnect ADSL - No cnx btw wired and wl

robert.fey

OfficeConnect ADSL - No cnx btw wired and wl

Using a OfficeConnect ADSL Wireless 108Mbps 11g Firewall Router, I have connected my server on 1 of the wired port.

From a wireless notebook connected to the same router, I cannot access the server.

If I connect the same computer to a wired port, I have full access to the server.

Any ideas on how to connect my wireless notebook through the router to the server ?

Regards,

Bob
6 REPLIES 6
robert.fey

Re: OfficeConnect ADSL - No cnx btw wired and wl

Using a OfficeConnect ADSL Wireless 108Mbps 11g Firewall Router, I have connected my server on 1 of the wired port.

From a wireless notebook connected to the same router, I cannot access the server.

If I connect the same computer to a wired port, I have full access to the server.

Any ideas on how to connect my wireless notebook through the router to the server ?

Regards,

Bob
david_2

I think you should check your wireless security setting. Perhaps you enabled the wireless MAC filter. Alternatively you should try to check your wireless setting. ie. make sure that the ssid and security key are correct. Furthermore, you should make sure that your wireless router is set to support 802.11 g and 802.11 b. Some old laptops support only the older protocol 802.11b and the less secured wep security. Thus if you set the router on 802.11g only and on wpa/wpa2 wireless security, the old wireless laptop wont be able to connect.

robert.fey

David,

Small misunderstanding, I don't have any problems to connect my laptop to the wireless LAN router. It is just the link between the wireless connections and the wired connections that is not working !

Connections between 2 wireless computers, no problems. Same for 2 wired computers. But no way to link 1 wired computer to 1 wireless computer.

Rgds,

Bob
der.Vogt
Advisor

try to deactivate the Wireless Client insolation on your device....

with kind regards

Dennis Vogt
with kind regards

Dennis Vogt
robert.fey

Good suggestion, that's exactly what I'm trying to do but how ?

I cannot find any accessible parameter to do so.

Any ideas ?

Rgds,

Bob

sherbanks
Occasional Visitor

I have a new Compaq Presario laptop computer, and am unable to connect to the internet through my 3Com ADSL Wireless 11g Firewall Router as I have forgotten the security key which was set five years ago to connect our two destop computers to the router.  When I purchased the laptop I was told that the number to connect with the router would be on the underside of the router.  Two numbers appear there - one is described as the MAC Addr: 00147CB8A404 , the other is the serial no 0100/M8SA6JEB8A404.  Another number I wrote down when setting up the router was 5D-97-D8-FD-C3.  I have tried inserting all these numbers in the security key box, but in each case get the response: "Possible network security key mismatch".  Can you assist me in inserting the correct security key please?

Ron Sherwin