LAN Routing
1752604 Members
4536 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

The "Mirror To" checkbox is always disabled under "QoS \ Behavior" (HPE 1910)

SOLVED
Go to solution
mihai_
Visitor

The "Mirror To" checkbox is always disabled under "QoS \ Behavior" (HPE 1910)

Can someone please shed some light as to why the "Mirror To" checkbox is always disabled under "QoS \ Behavior", for either a new behavior or old? Only "Redirect" is enabled. My aim is to mirror traffic as classified by an IPv4 subnet ACL.

Device Name: HPE 1910-8G-PoE+ (180W) Switch JG350A
Hardware Version: REV.A
Software Version: 5.20 Release 1519P06

Thanks in advance.

PS: If I enable that checkbox via JavaScript in the browser, just to see what happens, I get the following on Apply, which sounds like a 3COM architecture thing:

Setting Mirror To GigabitEthernet1/0/2 - Error: The backup interface is the same as the master interface.

Thoughts, anyone?

4 REPLIES 4
mmilev
HPE Pro
Solution

Re: The "Mirror To" checkbox is always disabled under "QoS \ Behavior" (HPE 1910

Hello mihai_,

You have correctly noticed that the тАЬmirror toтАЭ checkbox cannot be selected and just тАЬredirectтАЭ can be used for QoS traffic behavior.   

This is by design becasue 1910 has limited functions and even in the guide it is just mentioned traffic redirecting to specified destination port and nothing is mentioned for тАЬmirror toтАЭ.

http://h20628.www2.hp.com/km-ext/kmcsdirect/emr_na-c02965327-9.pdf

Configuring traffic redirecting for a traffic behavior

Table 148 Configuration items

Item Description

Please select a behavior - Select an existing behavior in the list.

Redirect - Set the action of redirecting traffic to the specified destination port.

Please select a port - Specify the port to be configured as the destination port of traffic mirroring or traffic directing on the chassis front panel.

If you want for example to mirror traffic to CPU it could be done over the extended CLI but it is not supported on 1910 CLI since it is locked.

Thanks for your understanding.

Best regards

I am an HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo

mihai_
Visitor

Re: The "Mirror To" checkbox is always disabled under "QoS \ Behavior" (HPE 1910

Thanks for clarifying, mmilev! At least I know the reason now.

Do you happen to know if the HPE 1920 series switches are any different in this respect?

Ivan_B
HPE Pro

Hello @mihai_ !

@mmilev is not available now to answer your question, so I was asked to help you. 

1920 has both mirror-to and redirect options for QoS behavior used for traffic mirroring:

Screenshot_1.png

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

mihai_
Visitor

That is great, thanks for the confirmation @Ivan_B !