1752587 Members
4275 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion

MSM422 broadcasting Open SSID

ledelatorre
Occasional Collector

MSM422 broadcasting Open SSID

We have 8 MSM422 and I have no problems with the AP perfomance but there is an open SSID from the same network. Let me be more clear:

My SSID is Mynetwork and is secured with password but also I have a open SSID from Mynetwork and it have access to my network files and to the Internet.

I have not found any option where to disable this open SSID.

Anyone have any idea?

Thanks in advance

Luis

1 REPLY 1
Emil_G
HPE Pro

Re: MSM422 broadcasting Open SSID

Hello, 

If I am assuming that the APs are running in autonomous mode:

In the main menu of the AP GUI go to VSC (Virtual Service Communities). You should see a list of all configured SSIDs. Klick on the name of the SSID you want to disable. A menu with the title Add/Edit Virtual Service Community will be opened. In this menu search for the sub-menu "Virtual AP" and remove the checkmark from the check box, This will disable the SSID.

If you want to remove the SSID configuration completely at the botton of the menu there should be a delete button,

https://support.hpe.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docLocale=en_US&docId=emr_na-c04514136&withFrame

In controlled mode it is slighly different because here you have the concept of AP groups and more steps may be needed. I will not go into detail but I think disabling the Virtual AP will do the same.

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo