1758191 Members
3132 Online
108868 Solutions
New Discussion

New MSM760 stuck at "System Booting", unable to contact through console

a_dn
Visitor

New MSM760 stuck at "System Booting", unable to contact through console

I just got an MSM760 off eBay, seller claimed it was brand new and it came with sealed licenses and looks new so I have no reason to doubt that.

When I plug in the unit it says "HP ProCurve System Booting" and after ~2 seconds the display is backlit.
Then it stays that way, I've had it plugged in for over 1 hour and nothing else happens. (I have power cycled it multiple times by now.)

I have tried to connect through the console, (using screen(1) on a MacBook Pro running macOS 10.14.5 and iTerm2 3.2.9: 
screen /dev/tty.usbserial-1410 9600
same devices works for connecting to my ProCurve switches, so there's nothing wrong with the cable, USB-adapter or the laptop.)

When connecting an ethernet cable to either port, it lights up properly, but I'm unable to reach the controller on 192.168.1.1 (either port).

Any suggestions? Is it possible to factory reset the device without accessing it through a terminal?

1 REPLY 1
a_dn
Visitor

Re: New MSM760 stuck at "System Booting", unable to contact through console

Nobody, huh? Well, I dug up an old hp laptop running OpenBSD, but no luck there either.

I have ordered another one from another seller on eBay and commenced returning the faulty one.