1755747 Members
2526 Online
108837 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HP StorageWorks Management Pack & Operations Manager

Andrew Brinded

HP StorageWorks Management Pack & Operations Manager

Hi All,

I have recently installed the HP SW Management Pack on our Operations Manager Server but I've got an issue that I am struggling to resolve.

Here is where I am at this moment in time:

The Problem:

OpsMgr doesn't appear to have discovered my CV and WEBES servers as they do not appear in the console views for alerts, inventory etc

Any advise would be appreciated.

The Background:

- When I log into the OpsMgr Console I can see the Managment Pack is installed correctly with no issues.

- In the Authoring Tab I can see the HP SW Monitors.

- In the Authoring Tab I can see the HP SW Rules.

- When I look at the Monitoring pane in the OpsMgr Console I can see the SW Views containing alerts, events etc.

- When I select the discovered inventory view from the OpsMgr Console, change it to "WEBES Listener Service Monitor" I can see the state as being healthy (installed on SCOM server)

- All of my SW Servers have the OpsMgr Agent installed successfully (SIM/WEBES server & CV EVA)
2 REPLIES 2
Andrew Brinded

I forgot to mention that

- The HP SW Object Discovery rules are also present and enabled.

- I have not had any issues with other Managment Packs.
Richelle Ahlvers
Occasional Advisor

Andrew,

What version of the HP StorageWorks Management Pack for Operations Manager 2007 are you working with?

(Note that version 1.6 has just been released.)

Please open a support case, make sure to reference that this is a *StorageWorks* management pack question, and include the details of your confirguation.

Thanks,
Richelle - HP StorageWorks Management Pack team