1752356 Members
6440 Online
108787 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Proliant SCOM monitoring ESX

curtmcgirt
Advisor

Proliant SCOM monitoring ESX

i have the insight management agents for esx and the scom r2 linux agent installed on my proliant ESX servers. they appear in SCOM as linux boxes but not as HP boxes. are they supposed to? is there integration between 'cross-platform' and the HP Proliant SNMP mp?
6 REPLIES 6
Stuart Cain
Frequent Advisor

Re: Proliant SCOM monitoring ESX

The Server Managment Pack for ProLiant Servers does not manage ESX Servers.
curtmcgirt
Advisor

is there a good way to get the information from the HP Insight Management Agents for ESX into scom?
curtmcgirt
Advisor

Adrian Clint
Honored Contributor

I think what you are looking for is
http://h18013.www1.hp.com/products/servers/management/mom2007/index.html
which is free

Or you could be looking at purchasing this product (most of this is free with blades)
http://h18013.www1.hp.com/products/servers/management/integration/icsc/index.html
curtmcgirt
Advisor

Adrian, the HP Proliant MP only monitors servers running windows. it does not monitor servers running linux/unix/ESX.

for now, the combination of raphael burri's "proliant snmp only" MP linked above and the native scom r2 linux agent is giving me all the information i need on these boxes. i'm told with each new release of ESX, there will be less actual "linux" underneath, so eventually i'm going to have to break down and buy Veeam or something. but not today.

actully stuart do you know if Veeam would even bring HP information into SCOM?
Stuart Cain
Frequent Advisor

We are investigating the delivery of an ESX management pack as part of a future release of Insight Control for System Center. We would encourage further feedback on this topic, including requirements and usage scenarios. Please contact doug.dewerd@hp.com if you have comments.