3338 Online
108813 Solutions
New Discussion

ESXI host lun is showing as error,timeout after mapping from MSA 2050

Suresh0
Occasional Visitor

ESXI host lun is showing as error,timeout after mapping from MSA 2050

Hi Team,

we have allocated 200GB lun to one of esxi host and it is showing "error,time out" from host end. please can help me how to fix this issue.

Thank you,

Suresh

4 REPLIES 4
support_s
System Recommended

Query: ESXI host lun is showing as error,timeout after mapping from MSA 2050

System recommended content:

1. HPE MSA 2050 Storage - Installing and Using the HPE MSA VSS Hardware Provider

2. HPE MSA Firmware Release Notes for MSA 1050 (VE270P007) and MSA 2050/2052 (VL270P007) | Issues and workarounds

Please click on "Thumbs Up/Kudo" icon to give a "Kudo".

Thank you for being a HPE valuable community member.

Accept or Kudo

Suresh0
Occasional Visitor

Re: Query: ESXI host lun is showing as error,timeout after mapping from MSA 2050

Thank you ,

if possible can you provide us which steps for validating from storage end.

Mahesh202
HPE Pro

Re: ESXI host lun is showing as error,timeout after mapping from MSA 2050

Hi Suresh

Here are some steps you can take to diagnose and resolve the issue:

1. Verify that the LUN is properly configured on the storage array and that it has been presented to the correct host.
  2. Ensure that the ESXi host is properly configured to see the LUN. You can do this by navigating to the host's storage adapter settings and checking that the adapter is properly configured with the correct WWN, zoning, and masking settings.
  3. Check the logs on the ESXi host to see if there are any errors related to the LUN. You can do this by logging into the ESXi host through the vSphere Client, navigating to the host's log files, and searching for errors related to the LUN.
  4. Check the logs on the storage array to see if there are any errors related to the LUN. You can do this by logging into the storage array's management interface and checking the system logs for any errors related to the LUN.
  5. If you are still experiencing issues, try rebooting the ESXi host and/or the storage array.

If none of these steps resolve the issue, it may be necessary to contact HPE Tech support for further assistance.

Hope this helps.!!

Regards
Mahesh

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!

I work for HPE.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

ArunKKR
HPE Pro

Re: Query: ESXI host lun is showing as error,timeout after mapping from MSA 2050

Hi Suresh,

1. Is there any existing LUN from MSA which is mapped to the same ESXI host and working without errors?
2. Is there any existing LUN from MSA which is mapped to different ESXI host or any other host and working without errors?
3. Is the MSA model FC,SAS or iscsi? 
4. Is there any Fibre channel SAN switch in between? 
5. Are all the ports working at 16GB speed if its FC model? 
6. Open SMU (web management interface of SMU), click on the arrow mark next to events in the footer and select show event list. Check whether any disks report time out events repeatedly or any other critical / warning events.

Such issues usually require log analysis and a support case would be needed to review all the details.

While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the company

Accept or Kudo