1755137 Members
2884 Online
108830 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

EVA8400 doesn't recognise new WWN/HBA

Philip Buckley-Mellor
Occasional Contributor

EVA8400 doesn't recognise new WWN/HBA

I have a fairly new 8400 (22GB, 9.5.2.2) with four ports connected to one Cisco MDS9509 (4.2.1A) and the other four ports to a second 9509.
I just added 45 BL490c's, each with an Emulex mezz HBA, every machine on ESXi 4.0U1 and all have the same firmware across the board.

The 8400 could 'see' every WWN/HBA port except 1, it doesn't work if it's manually added, the configs on the MDS are as close to identical as I can get them. I've restarted everything multiple times and the MDS can see the HBA logged in and it's zoning is identical to a working port.

I've got a call in to HP but they're being their usual slow selves, anyone got any ideas please?
2 REPLIES 2
Dennis L W Thury
Frequent Advisor

Re: EVA8400 doesn't recognise new WWN/HBA

I'm more familiar with Brocade FC switches; but the concepts should be the same:
1. Ensure the "problem" systems HBAs have logged on to the fabric. Can you see anything on the switch port of that server.

2. If the hbas are logged on, then it's most likely that there's a problem with zoning. Double check. Do Cisco switches provide a way to view "effective" zoning (i.e. show the current active zoning configuration). do you see the problem HBA/WWN there?
Phil West
Occasional Advisor

Re: EVA8400 doesn't recognise new WWN/HBA

The Cisco also use vsans... chack that that port you are using is in the correct vsan...