1758617 Members
1910 Online
108874 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

HPE DL380 gen10/MSA 1060A

BlackArrow
Occasional Visitor

HPE DL380 gen10/MSA 1060A

Hi I have DL380GEN10(server_1) connected to MSA 1060A All disk use in 1 volume(volume_a) via FC cable and 1 slot are available, Can I connect Another DL380GEN10(server_2) and map to same volume/data(volume_a) (server_2 will be a replication of server_1 use for failover). all is running on windows server 2022

5 REPLIES 5
venkat_y
HPE Pro

Re: HPE DL380 gen10/MSA 1060A

Hello@BlackArrow,

Yes, it is possible to connect another DL380 Gen10 server (server_2) to the MSA 1060A storage system and map it to the same volume (volume_a) that is already being accessed by server_1.

Hope this is helpful for you!

Regards,
Venkat

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!
I'm an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
BlackArrow
Occasional Visitor

Hello  @venkat_y 

same data will be shown on server_2?  without any issue? I will be using server_2 as replicator/failover

venkat_y
HPE Pro

Hello@BlackArrow,

Yes, the same data will be shown on server_2 also. You have to configure the MSA 1060A to allow multiple hosts to access the same volume. To allow both server_1 and server_2 access to the volume, the MSA's zoning and masking settings need to be configured.

Hope this helps!

Regards,
Venkat

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!
I'm an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
Cali
Honored Contributor

Hold on.

Technical on the MSA Side it is no problem.

But if you have a native Windows Server (as you wrote) without a Failover Cluster Role, then Server_2 will corrupt the Windows Filesystem of Server_1. This is because Windows is not able to access/handle simultaneous access from multiple servers to the same volume.

So be careful, this may destroy your Data.

Cali

ACP IT Solutions AGI'm not an HPE employee, so I can be wrong.
Sunitha_Mod

Hello @BlackArrow,

Let us know if you were able to resolve the issue.

If you have no further query and you are satisfied with the answer then kindly mark the topic as Solved so that it is helpful for all community members.

Thanks,
Sunitha G
I'm an HPE employee.
Accept or Kudo