2901 Online
108881 Solutions
New Discussion

MSA2060/206x MIBS

Hoge_SANMAN
Occasional Visitor

MSA2060/206x MIBS

I have several questions related to an MSA2060

1. Where can I find the MIBs for the MSA2060, ned to integrate with Solarwinds Orion 
  2. What is the recommended Maximum Volume size for an MSA based LUN conecting to a Windows 2022 system?
  3. Are there O/S  specific Implementation Guides for the MSA206x family?
  4. When using showsystme type commands that require a response, is there a way to automate that response as I have a customer that is trying to use NCM & SAM to create custom monitors and the need for a response from MSA command line is causing challanges.

I work for HPE

3 REPLIES 3
shuff
Frequent Advisor

Re: MSA2060/206x MIBS

Here are the answers:

1. MIBs for MSA2060 Integration with Solarwinds Orion: To download the HPE MSA Storage Systems SNMP MIBs package, which includes the MSA2060 MIBs, you can visit the HPE support page at [HPE MSA SNMP MIBs](https://www.hpe.com/support/MSASNMPMIB). This package contains various MIB files including `msa2000traps.mib` which is specific to the MSA2000 series and applicable for MSA2060.

2. Recommended Maximum Volume Size for MSA Based LUN Connecting to a Windows 2022 System: 140TB. This size is supported across various MSA models including MSA 1060, MSA 2060, and MSA 2052, among others.

3. O/S Specific Implementation Guides for the MSA206x Family: https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDisplay?docId=a00105313en_us&docLocale=en_US

4. Automating Response for Showsystem Type Commands with NCM & SAM: No idea

JonPaul
HPE Pro

@Hoge_SANMAN 

1. Yes the MIBs have not changed for a Long time
2. Maximum volume size is 140TB (as already answered)
3.  No per OS implementation guides.  There are some details about MSFT MPIO in the best practices guide and VMware guide:  HPE MSA Storage Configuration and Best Practices for VMware vSphere technical white paper
4. The CLI guide linked by @shuff  includes a topic on scripting the using CLI.  To avoid confirmation commands change the CLI output to use one of the API outputs.  api == XML,  json == JSON   Using HTTPS to pass commands into the MSA would be recommended as it uses the lowest resources from the Management Controller.  (i.e. creating and tearing down SSH or telnet sessions is more resource intensive)

Example:

# set cli-parameters json
{

"status":[
{
"object-name":"status",
"meta":"/meta/status",
"response-type":"Success",
"response-type-numeric":0,
"response":"Command completed successfully. (2024-04-29 10:59:48)",
"return-code":0,
"component-id":"",
"time-stamp":"2024-04-29 10:59:48",
"time-stamp-numeric":1714409988
}
]
}

I work for HPE
Sunitha_Mod

Hello @Hoge_SANMAN,

Let us know if your concern has been addressed.

If you have no further query and you are satisfied with the answer then kindly mark the topic as Solved so that it is helpful for all community members.

Thanks,
Sunitha G
I'm an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo